Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

As per the title of this thread, I was just wondering if anyone else has been invited to it. Haven't really seen many other civil engineering applicants in a similar position as me yet.

(Also, if anyone's already attended a civil engineering recruitment day, I would greatly appreciate some extra advice! )

ReputationRep:
    I got the invitation. It's on 10th Feb.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what they'll ask in the test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z_echo)
    I got the invitation. It's on 10th Feb.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah yours is another one then, good luck on the day

(Original post by maya997)
    Does anyone know what they'll ask in the test?
    Not sure, but I've read around and apparently it's best just to go over C3/C4 but it's "nothing you can revise for" :/ is yours on the 3rd too?

ReputationRep:
    I went on one last year...

- Some really useful advices here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...=#post51939137

- You can't really revise for the test, half of the stuff isn't even on the A-Level syllabus(s) anyway...

- The first thing you do in the morning is the round table discussion. It could be pretty stressful, but make sure you talk lol! Saying something is better than nothing

- The afternoon department tour with a professor is assessed, make sure you talk and sound interesting. I was told that you could be automatically rejected if the professor gives you a bad rating

PS: Imperial applicants FB group if you're interested https://www.facebook.com/groups/314823388724739/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cake44)
    I went on one last year...

- Some really useful advices here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...=#post51939137

- You can't really revise for the test, half of the stuff isn't even on the A-Level syllabus(s) anyway...

- The first thing you do in the morning is the round table discussion. It could be pretty stressful, but make sure you talk lol! Saying something is better than nothing

- The afternoon department tour with a professor is assessed, make sure you talk and sound interesting. I was told that you could be automatically rejected if the professor gives you a bad rating

PS: Imperial applicants FB group if you're interested https://www.facebook.com/groups/314823388724739/
    Thanks! Was the topic you discussed difficult and did it require a lot of extracurricular knowledge? and what kind of things did you discuss on the tour?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kateyl)
    Thanks! Was the topic you discussed difficult and did it require a lot of extracurricular knowledge? and what kind of things did you discuss on the tour?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not difficult at all, wouldn't worry if I was you. You maybe able to answer some extra questions on the written test if you do a lot of extra reading, but you can't really prepare for it.

The tour is not a knowledge test so just keep calm and enjoy it!

ReputationRep:
    Not difficult at all, wouldn't worry if I was you. You maybe able to answer some extra questions on the written test if you do a lot of extra reading, but you can't really prepare for it.

The tour is not a knowledge test so just keep calm and enjoy it!
    Ah thank you so much, this makes me feel a lot better

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    how was your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z_echo)
    how was your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    it was okay, could've been better but i don't feel like it was absolutely awful which was better than i expected so phew!

edit: just realised you had yours today. how did yours go?

ReputationRep:
    Did everyone here hear back from Imperial? I had my interview in November and haven't heard a word since.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDonhasRisen)
    Did everyone here hear back from Imperial? I had my interview in November and haven't heard a word since.
    26th?

ReputationRep:
    26th?
    Yeah. I think! Did you hear back from them?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I think! Did you hear back from them?
    Late December yes. You've got an offer for BME already though, you shouldn't worry!

ReputationRep:
    Late December yes. You've got an offer for BME already though, you shouldn't worry!
    Yeah! My friend had an interview in early November! Hasn't heard anything from them... He was getting worried! So yeah!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah! My friend had an interview in early November! Hasn't heard anything from them... He was getting worried! So yeah!
    Oh right I see. A friend of mine called Imperial the other day to see whether it is possible to defer his offer last week, and they told him that he has until April or something till he has to make a decision. I'm guessing they'll be sending out offers till then.

Congrats on your offer btw!

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys wear on the day?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.