Offer showing up in track but not received an email from ucas or the university?

Watch
GeorginaLucienne
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Any advice? An offer has came up in track for the university of birmingham but I haven't received an email from ucas or the uni. I dont know what to do?
dragonkeeper999
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Congratulations!

When did you receive the track offer? It is likely that they both updated track and posted you a letter at the same time, so the letter may just be in the post
louisewestlake
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got an offer from exeter and only received an email to say UCAS status had changed, and when I logged in, the offer was on there. Never received an email or letter from the university, and didn't receive any more communication from them till an invite to applicant day a month later
GeorginaLucienne
Rep:
?
Thank you and the offer appeared in track a few hours a go. Do you think I have nothing to worry about then? I have a niggling paranoia that I haven't really got the offer haha
louisewestlake
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You're such a stress head☺️
loperdoper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For two of my unis, I never recieved any emails from them, only a track update.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by GeorginaLucienne)
Thank you and the offer appeared in track a few hours a go. Do you think I have nothing to worry about then? I have a niggling paranoia that I haven't really got the offer haha
Track is the only place an offer is official. That's why lots of unis don't send out offer letters anymore (and very few will put offer conditions in a letter) - it can cause confusion.
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Any email can be delayed or just mysteriously disappear. You'll probably get the ucas email in a few days and log onto Track excitedly to find nothing has changed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Any advice? An offer has came up in track for the university of birmingham but I haven't received an email from ucas or the uni. I dont know what to do?
Yeah don't worry my rejection wasn't sent to me by email either - even though track updated at 10am. It's been hours but it happens so don't worry it'll come eventually. Congratulations by the way!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
GeorginaLucienne
Rep:
?
(Original post by Captivated)
Yeah don't worry my rejection wasn't sent to me by email either - even though track updated at 10am. It's been hours but it happens so don't worry it'll come eventually. Congratulations by the way!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! Sorry to hear you received a rejection, where was that from? I got the emails today like a day late. Maybe there's just a delay because of the ucas deadline or something, like they're inundated with applications or something?
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thank you! Sorry to hear you received a rejection, where was that from? I got the emails today like a day late. Maybe there's just a delay because of the ucas deadline or something, like they're inundated with applications or something?
That was from Birmingham and yes, I ended up getting three track emails in the end at different times of the night, haha.

And that's okay - don't be sorry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
GeorginaLucienne
Rep:
?
That was from Birmingham and yes, I ended up getting three track emails in the end at different times of the night, haha.

And that's okay - don't be sorry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Funny you should say that! I got 2 emails from ucas early hours of this morning!
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Funny you should say that! I got 2 emails from ucas early hours of this morning!
Snap! Hahaha.
GeorginaLucienne
Rep:
?
Snap! Hahaha.
The system has probably glitched under the pressure of deadline day I imagine
Blazar
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My offer from Durham showed up on Track a few weeks before I got the offer letter, and I never got an email from them at all. However, my offer from Glasgow showed up on Track first, then I got an email (followed by "seasonal updates"), but no letter. It really varies between unis. But as other posters have said, if your offer is on Track then it's official.
julialala17
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got an email from Hull congratulating me on receiving an offer and inviting me to an applicant day, but there is nothing on my UCAS track about Hull accepting :O might it just be UCAS glitching? Its making me nervous that there's no update haha.
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by julialala17)
I got an email from Hull congratulating me on receiving an offer and inviting me to an applicant day, but there is nothing on my UCAS track about Hull accepting :O might it just be UCAS glitching? Its making me nervous that there's no update haha.
Ucas is likely to be slow because they're busy with applications - loads of people apply just before the deadline. So things might take longer to process.

Posted from TSR Mobile
julialala17
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
Ucas is likely to be slow because they're busy with applications - loads of people apply just before the deadline. So things might take longer to process.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay, thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (142)
14.34%
I'm not sure (42)
4.24%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (296)
29.9%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.63%
I'm not a current university student (484)
48.89%

Watched Threads