Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello.
    This is my first post in this forum. In currently studying the MSc Advancing Practice as a Distance Learner. I'm still working full time and doing extra shifts which has caused me to neglect my studying. On my most recent assignment I only got 47%, and all my other marks are above 60%. The University indicates that a mark of over 40% is a C and means that I won't need to resubmit my assignment.

I was hoping to get a pass with Merit and having done research online found that you need an average assignment pass mark of 65%. Does anyone have a more in depth knowledge of the MSc pass system?

Thanks in advance,
    Martin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martiinn)
    Hello.
    This is my first post in this forum. In currently studying the MSc Advancing Practice as a Distance Learner. I'm still working full time and doing extra shifts which has caused me to neglect my studying. On my most recent assignment I only got 47%, and all my other marks are above 60%. The University indicates that a mark of over 40% is a C and means that I won't need to resubmit my assignment.

I was hoping to get a pass with Merit and having done research online found that you need an average assignment pass mark of 65%. Does anyone have a more in depth knowledge of the MSc pass system?

Thanks in advance,
    Martin
    There isn't a central system. At postgrad level, each uni can set their own rules for grading. Make absolutely sure that you're looking at the regs for your specific university and department.

If your uni wants an average 65% mark to award a Merit, then that's what you have to get. It does mean you have a chance to recover. Some will specify that every piece of work needs to be Merit standard before they'll award it as a final grade, so it could be worse.

You can pull back from one low mark, but you can't afford to let things slip again. If you lose focus, it's very easy to fall back. I really admire you for trying to maintain it as a distance learner, together with a full time job. My Masters year was my most intense academic experience.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.