The Student Room Group

was i being laughed at?

So i was walking back to my dorm just now and then there's only me and a gang of about 5 boys a few feet in front of me. When i was about to pass by, one of them walked towards me and said goodnight.

I admit that i am seriously shy and lack confidence so am socially awkward. As such, i was quite shocked and i think all i did was smiled and nod at him then continue to walk straight. I wasn't even sure if i did look at him while doing that as i have mentioned, i am ridiculously shy and everything happened in like a split second!

Anyway, like right after that, i heard laughters (long and loud). I feel so embarrassed and mad like i was being laughed at!

How can i even face them in school next time i don't know. They are a year younger (18) than me btw and we have never talked.
He probably fancies you or something. Take no notice of the laughing, boys can be idiots. Some boys will find humour in just about anything.
Don't worry about them, just ignore them. They will probably forget about what had happened anyway and might not recognise you the next time. At least you don't know them, its fine. It has happened to me all the time hearing people laughing and being self-conscious about myself when I walked past people.Just remember, whenever people laugh, they are not always laughing at you, maybe they are just laughing at a joke...

don't worry too much xx
Im a boy myself and i know what groups of 'lads' are like. from what you've said, it doesn't sound like they were actually laughing at you but even if they were, it is so insignificant to them that they will have forgotten about it when they next see you. chances are, they didn't even find it funny, they were just going along with it for 'banter'.
Hi!

Personally I wouldn’t worry about it. I think some 18 year olds find it hard to grow out of being immature and end up looking and acting like complete dicks. I know how hard it is to overcome shyness and its easy for people to say don’t worry about it but it does play on your mind. You will get better in time, you just need to find a place you belong and you will slowly start to gain confidence, promise! I’ve been there and done that and today I have so much more confidence than I did 10 years ago. Hope this helps.

Rik
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
So i was walking back to my dorm just now and then there's only me and a gang of about 5 boys a few feet in front of me. When i was about to pass by, one of them walked towards me and said goodnight.

I admit that i am seriously shy and lack confidence so am socially awkward. As such, i was quite shocked and i think all i did was smiled and nod at him then continue to walk straight. I wasn't even sure if i did look at him while doing that as i have mentioned, i am ridiculously shy and everything happened in like a split second!

Anyway, like right after that, i heard laughters (long and loud). I feel so embarrassed and mad like i was being laughed at!

How can i even face them in school next time i don't know. They are a year younger (18) than me btw and we have never talked.

they are just some randomers. Why do you give a ****?
Reply 6
Original post by starscream205
Hi!

Personally I wouldn’t worry about it. I think some 18 year olds find it hard to grow out of being immature and end up looking and acting like complete dicks. I know how hard it is to overcome shyness and its easy for people to say don’t worry about it but it does play on your mind. You will get better in time, you just need to find a place you belong and you will slowly start to gain confidence, promise! I’ve been there and done that and today I have so much more confidence than I did 10 years ago. Hope this helps.

Rik

Thank you for your advice. It does help, but it's really hard though. The incident does play a trick on my mind. I was still embarrassed to see them today and i couldn't really look them (especially him) in the eye i hope no one noticed anything ugh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending