Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi guys,

first of all I am sorry that this post is a bit long, but pls give me some advice on this.

basically for the first semester I was living in dorm at uni but I didn't like that so I moved out after the first semester. I only talked to one person (let's just say this person is called "Ann")in the flat and sometimes greet my other flatmates. I don't really know what to do if I see them again cos I wasn't that close to them. and before when I was living there, I usually don't go to the kitchen cos sometimes I just don't cook or when someone is in there, I feel uncomfortable. so I was kinda anti-social during the semester in the flat.

Even I did talk to Ann, I don't really know whether I should say hi to anymore if I see Ann around campus. because on the day before I moved out, person Ann asked me to go to her room to have a late night talk but I didn't cos I heard Ann is having a friend in her room so I didn't want to go in there. (I don't know whether she was angry with me about that or not) and a few days before I moved out, Ann actually offered to help me to move some stuff out of my flat on the day I move out. So on the actual day that I moved out, I sent Ann a text to ask whether she is here in the flat or not cos I would like to say bye before I leave. Straight after I left the flat, she replied to my text and say she was there in the flat and she was like " oh sorry I missed you by 3 mins". Then I was actually being nice and text her to say bye and stuff and said hopefully I will see her around on campus and have a nice holiday and keep in touch. Then she never reply... :L (I am pretty sure that she got my message cos if the message was failed to send my phone would have a notification about it )

what should I do in this kind of mess up situation? and what should i do if i see them again ?

ReputationRep:
    Just say usual polite chatty stuff: "Hi, how are you? How goes study?"

And in Ann's case "Thanks for the offer of helping me move, that was really kind. Sorry I missed you."

I cannot see what the messed-up situation is.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.