Turn on thread page Beta

I got a C in my English literature controlled assessment, can I still get an A/A*? watch

ReputationRep:
    The assessment was 25% of our total English literature exam. I was disappointed but I'm usually really clever so I believe if I work hard I can achieve an A* in my 75%. However will this be enough to bring my overall grade up to at least an A? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    why cant u retake it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ltsmith)
    why cant u retake it?
    I asked my teacher the same thing and he said we can't retake it, I don't know why.

ReputationRep:
    I had straight A*s throughout Eng Lit until my final exam when I got a D . Ended up with an A overall so you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    You can still get an A* but you need full ums in your two exams, to get an A you need high As or above in both exams (or an A* in one and a low A in the other.) If you're really worried ask again whether you can resit, and have good reasons why you want to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nhtw)
    I had straight A*s throughout Eng Lit until my final exam when I got a D . Ended up with an A overall so you should be fine.
    Ahhh that's nice to hear. Thanks for your answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwf13)
    You can still get an A* but you need full ums in your two exams, to get an A you need high As or above in both exams (or an A* in one and a low A in the other.) If you're really worried ask again whether you can resit, and have good reasons why you want to
    Thank you very much mate

ReputationRep:
    Our school told us:
    for GCSE's
    if you get a C overall for controlled assessments worth 25% then you need 86.7% in the real exam to get an A overall
    and if you get a B for controlled assessments worth 25% then you need 83% in the exam to get an A overall.

Hope this helped

ReputationRep:
    A definitely, A* yes but it'll be harder. How many UMS did you get? What's the total UMS required for an A or A*, then you'll know for sure how well you need to do in your exams. Plus grade boundaries change evry yr. So yes, it's possible, tho an A* might be quite hard. But an A definitely possible.

Funny story: Well i got A*/A for Eng Lang coursework and a U in the exam and still got a C overall. FYI i did it again in yr 11 and got a B (pheww). I'm more of the math/science guy.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.