Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    With so much gloom regarding possible forthcoming bus service cuts- see my other articles on this- proposed by Hertfordshire County Council to council supported bus services ( ie those that are run as considered socially necessary as against those run commercially by the bus companies themselves for profit) still ongoing, it is great to report some good:

UNO have just introduced a student fare of £1 in Hatfield for their services and in addition have also introduced a new Hatfield rail station - Forum shuttle ( service 695) which runs every 10mins peak hours term time only, stopping only en-route at The Todd Building in College Lane. This service is free until March 09th, following which normal fares apply.

For more info about this go to www.unobus.info then the news section.

:rolleyes: Going on from the above:

Since I first wrote this, I notice when using the buses there seems to be currently some confusion amongst the UNO drivers mainly due, it seems, to lack of UNO internal communication as to the validity and route availability of the above- some have told me it is only valid on a couple or so routes, others on all routes as per the UNO statement. I have just rechecked the UNO website (above) news section and it says:

" New for January 2015. UNO have introduced a new £1 single fare for University staff/students. The fare can be bought on any UNO bus travelling in Hatfield. The exact boundaries are Welwyn Garden City Bus Station. Welham Green, Smallford and Holwell Roundabout. The ticket was introduced after customer feedback and comments".

This is followed by all routes shown. I will contact UNO and verify this.

If the driver says he will or cannot offer the new fare, in the interim until this is sorted ask for a normal public user ticket if travelling within Hatfield which is £1.70 single, £2.60 return. If you use an UH id card the minimum reduced fare is £3- unfortunately UNO give the impression in their timetable booklet and on- line that this is the minimum fare available when it is not.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.