Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Don't usually post crap, however, has anybody got any useful advice?

ReputationRep:
    Be calm, don't drive off until you're ready (the examiner I had wouldn't let me go anywhere cos she thought I was on the verge of an asthma attack so sat in the car and chatted with me for 5 mins before we left the test centre!). Remember mirror, signal, manouvre, and exaggerate movement when you look in the mirrors so they know you are checking - look everytime you get asked to pull over, turn a corner...all the time! Make sure you take notice of speed limits! Know the controls of your car (they can fail you if you don't know how to use things like the windscreen wipers), and just take your time.

Good Luck! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Not really. I haven't done mine yet! But stay calm, take your time on manoeuvres and be confident (I think!!)
    Good luck! Let me know how you got on.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!
    I passed mine last tuesday - 12 minors!!!

the only advice i can really give you is to do all of your manouvres really slowly (especially when reversing), and to check the centre rear view mirror really often - possibly every time the examiner gives you an instruction.

ReputationRep:
    Build up a rapport with the examiner before you pull off. I said to mine "Haven't I seen you somewhere before?" (never having saw them ever) and they said "I'm not sure, do you live in Chelsea?" I, of course, made up the rest of the conversation with random put-together crap and passed first time

ReputationRep:
    figers cross!!

ReputationRep:
    whatever you do, don't go too fast round a corner and roll it. You might get a minor or something

ReputationRep:
    Good luck, and I guess, keep as calm as you can.

ReputationRep:
    The big tip is to do with mirrors, make sure you look everytime you do anything and make sure you move your head so he knows youre looking. I got 4 minors for mirrors and my instructor said that she never ever thought I had any sort of mirror problem...

ReputationRep:
    well my mum took the driving test about 5 time so 1 they may ask u questions before u start. 2 look at the mirror frequently(not so obvious ) 3 don't drive tooooo slow. 4 make a good impression.

ReputationRep:
    I think 3 of my 5 minors were for observation (however I did my test a year and a half ago and I can't really remember what i got them for - I know I got a minor under observation for each of my manouvres and the 3rd was possibly when the examiner asked me to pull over and I didn't check mirrors properly before pulling over).

Point is, observation is a major downfall for most people! So make sure you're always looking!

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember what my minors were for. All i can remember is that i didnt get any minors for any of the manouvers.

Driving test is fine if you stay relaxed - its just driving around for half an hour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    I can't remember what my minors were for. All i can remember is that i didnt get any minors for any of the manouvers.

Driving test is fine if you stay relaxed - its just driving around for half an hour
    And it helped that my examiner was really nice and chatty too, made me feel a bit more at ease during the whole thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    And it helped that my examiner was really nice and chatty too, made me feel a bit more at ease during the whole thing.
    yeh. It helped that mine fell asleep He put his chair right back as soon as he got in, and i looked over when i was reversing arounf the corner and he has his eyes shut :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    yeh. It helped that mine fell asleep He put his chair right back as soon as he got in, and i looked over when i was reversing arounf the corner and he has his eyes shut :eek:
    Perhaps he was getting a 'feel' for your driving through his mind senses!!!

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck Bhaal!!! (I can see you're online so thought I'd say good luck for today!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    Good Luck Bhaal!!! (I can see you're online so thought I'd say good luck for today!)
    Thanks, I have a two hour lesson just before the exam, so I should be OK.

ReputationRep:
    good luck for today Bhaal!

my instructor always says just to drive safely and normally, and you will pass. you start off with a clean record anyway, so just relax and follow the highway code as best you can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    good luck for today Bhaal!

my instructor always says just to drive safely and normally, and you will pass. you start off with a clean record anyway, so just relax and follow the highway code as best you can.
    Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    I HOPE YOU DO WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK DRIVING TESTS ARE HORRIBLE I PASSED ON MY 6TH TIME

SITTING IN THE WAITINGROOM AND WAITING FOR YOUR RESULT IS NOT NICE WATSOEVER

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 11, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.