Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I have lived in the UK since December 2006 under a family visa as my mum was married to an EU national. They later divorced. I received discretionary leave to remain/limited leave to remain in the UK in April 2012. I am over 18, will I be able to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK when my discretionary leave to remain is about to expire as I am due to go to university later in September.
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative

    You will need indefinite leave to remain in order to apply for student finance, but you would need to contact the home office to check whether you will be able to apply for this, as we just process student finance applications, we would have no information on your home office status.

Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.