Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have been invited to some offer holder open days at various universities for biological and biomedical science.

Is it worthwhile going to these events? Obviously I would like to attend these events however I am reluctant to miss days at college to do so. I feel as though I have seen enough of the departments and facilities et cetera when I visited the universities on pre-applicant open days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biojoe)
    I have been invited to some offer holder open days at various universities for biological and biomedical science.

Is it worthwhile going to these events? Obviously I would like to attend these events however I am reluctant to miss days at college to do so. I feel as though I have seen enough of the departments and facilities et cetera when I visited the universities on pre-applicant open days.
    hey!

congratulations on your offers!

going to an applicant day would allow you to meet lecturers and ask questions to current students on the course and it gives you the opportunity to talk to current student, possibly have a lab which is similar to what you'll be doing when you start

it provides greater depth than a prospectus and allows you to consider the merits of the universities relative to the others which can aid your decision in which to firm and insure

hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilGem)
    hey!

congratulations on your offers!

going to an applicant day would allow you to meet lecturers and ask questions to current students on the course and it gives you the opportunity to talk to current student, possibly have a lab which is similar to what you'll be doing when you start

it provides greater depth than a prospectus and allows you to consider the merits of the universities relative to the others which can aid your decision in which to firm and insure

hope that helps
    Thanks for the reply!
    The taster lectures and labs do sound interesting and useful for helping me make decisions. I may have to prioritise the universities that I visit so I don't miss too many lessons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biojoe)
    Thanks for the reply!
    The taster lectures and labs do sound interesting and useful for helping me make decisions. I may have to prioritise the universities that I visit so I don't miss too many lessons.
    it's alright I'm a student guide for my universities applicant days and open days- especially within biology so I have fair experience with them

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.