The Student Room Group

Applying to Uni without GCSEs as an international student

Hi,
I am a student from Slovakia currently studying A levels here in UK. Next year I'll be applying to uni (Physics at Oxford is hopefully my first choice, I'll see when I get my AS results) here. The problem is I studied in Slovakia for the first 9 years of my education and there we really don't have GCSE equivalents, just end-of-year reports. Can I get to a uni from here through the UCAS process with my A level results only? Obviously, I can supply my Slovak results, but I'm not sure they would be recognised here.

Thanks for all replies.
Reply 1
You will need to provide your Slovak results, but not taking GCSEs won't be a problem.
Reply 2
Original post by Juno
You will need to provide your Slovak results, but not taking GCSEs won't be a problem.

Thanks. How about English language requirements? Is my grade from Slovakia from last year (A) enough?
Reply 3
Original post by DrSerious
Thanks. How about English language requirements? Is my grade from Slovakia from last year (A) enough?

You would need to check with the unis directly, but if you're studying A Levels in the UK currently that might be sufficient. Even if it isn't, you'll probably not find passing IELTS (or similar) a problem.
IELTS are not cheap and you still to learn how the exams works - which takes time.
Reply 5
Original post by Juno
You would need to check with the unis directly, but if you're studying A Levels in the UK currently that might be sufficient. Even if it isn't, you'll probably not find passing IELTS (or similar) a problem.

Thanks a lot for your help, I had a look at IELTS and it seems doable, I might end up doing that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending