Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Recently my iPod has failed to charge, whenever it had a charge it was always ok and no further problems.

I always charged my iPod with my PS3, which always did it's job with the USB ports, however later on I had to press down on the iPod on the bottom of the tablet to keep it charging otherwise it wouldn't charge. Now recently, it won't charge at all, no matter what I do.

Has anyone had any similar problems and found out the cause of the problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UKStrongestGamer)
    Recently my iPod has failed to charge, whenever it had a charge it was always ok and no further problems.

I always charged my iPod with my PS3, which always did it's job with the USB ports, however later on I had to press down on the iPod on the bottom of the tablet to keep it charging otherwise it wouldn't charge. Now recently, it won't charge at all, no matter what I do.

Has anyone had any similar problems and found out the cause of the problem?
    Tried alternative cables and source?

As you are having to press the cable in, I would say the charging port is damaged and would need to be replaced.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    Tried alternative cables and source?

As you are having to press the cable in, I would say the charging port is damaged and would need to be replaced.
    Tried alternative cables and sources, I think your diagnostic is spot on the charging port, because once the charge is in, it holds it, it's just not being able to charge is the problem. Is the charging port replaceable as a part or do I need a whole new unit?

ReputationRep:
    Tried alternative cables and sources, I think your diagnostic is spot on the charging port, because once the charge is in, it holds it, it's just not being able to charge is the problem. Is the charging port replaceable as a part or do I need a whole new unit?
    It's possible, again which Ipod is it exactly?

ReputationRep:
    iPod Touch 4th Generation, everything is fine, just it's a ..... to charge in the past and now it won't charge at all

ReputationRep:
    iPod Touch 4th Generation, everything is fine, just it's a ..... to charge in the past and now it won't charge at all
    Loads of online guides, alternatively get it repaired at a shop. Just watch the cost of repair from these shops and get quotes.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/ipod-charging-port

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of taking it to a repair shop anyway, I'll owe you a rep tomorrow if fixed with replacing a charger port

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2015
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.