Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

1) Went out a few days ago and met and danced with this girl. She was a smoking hot 18 year old. We danced a little and i asked for her name and number but when i rang the number it said "not recognized"
    Before she left, she said that she was going to the bar or something like that. I don't really remember what exactly she said cos i was pretty gone and having a lot of fun dancing so i just kissed her on the cheek and said "ok cool see you later", assuming that i'd text her or call her or sth but that didn't happen.

2) Met another girl queuing up for drinks, she came over and introduced herself and started chatting to me. She said that she wanted for us to go back to her place and do cocaine and then get drunk and i was like "yeah cool whatever" we started leaving and she said she's off to the toilets so i said i'd wait for her outside. Waited about 15 minutes and she never showed up so i just went back to dancing, feeling a little annoyed.

3) Met this girl in church, went right over and introduced myself and we chatted a little, nothing too serious or crazy just finding out who she is and what her story is. I added her on facebook and spoke to her a little. Asked her out for drinks about a week later and then said no problems, some other time maybe when i saw that she hadn't replied to me. My message still hasn't been "seen" even though she's on facebook damn near everyday. I'm a little embarrassed to speak to her again.

So what am i doing wrong?

ReputationRep:
    1) Club scene, people you meet there rarely become relationship material
    2) Same
    3) Facebook? Yeah, sod that.

Basically, you have the social ability to meet girls, why not work on your ability to remain friends with them?

ReputationRep:
    1) Seems like she wasn't looking for anyone, fake name & number, Not really your fault, nothing you could have done to change her mind.

2) Apologies for being biased against drug use, but this was probably for the best. Maybe she got a dose while in the toilets and something happened? We just don't know.

3) Maybe she's socially nervous? Or you may have been too forward? She may have accepted your request out of courtesy but the conversations weren't much?

I can't really gather much from these interactions. What do you actually say to them? And how do they reply? Because once we've figured out HOW you communicate and they reply we may be able to figure out something.

So far, nothing seems wrong, if your aim is to start a relationship right off the bat then getting to know the person in a casual social environment would be ideal, but even then don't expect something to blossom just because you hang out. If you're just looking for short-term sexual contact then enjoy the clubs but make sure to use protection when it does get to it (Again, hit and miss, don't expect a high 'success rate').

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    1) Went out a few days ago and met and danced with this girl. She was a smoking hot 18 year old. We danced a little and i asked for her name and number but when i rang the number it said "not recognized"
    Before she left, she said that she was going to the bar or something like that. I don't really remember what exactly she said cos i was pretty gone and having a lot of fun dancing so i just kissed her on the cheek and said "ok cool see you later", assuming that i'd text her or call her or sth but that didn't happen.

2) Met another girl queuing up for drinks, she came over and introduced herself and started chatting to me. She said that she wanted for us to go back to her place and do cocaine and then get drunk and i was like "yeah cool whatever" we started leaving and she said she's off to the toilets so i said i'd wait for her outside. Waited about 15 minutes and she never showed up so i just went back to dancing, feeling a little annoyed.

3) Met this girl in church, went right over and introduced myself and we chatted a little, nothing too serious or crazy just finding out who she is and what her story is. I added her on facebook and spoke to her a little. Asked her out for drinks about a week later and then said no problems, some other time maybe when i saw that she hadn't replied to me. My message still hasn't been "seen" even though she's on facebook damn near everyday. I'm a little embarrassed to speak to her again.

So what am i doing wrong?

forget numbers, forget facebook, you need to smash them then and there.

numbers are something you worry about the next day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    2) Same

Basically, you have the social ability to meet girls, why not work on your ability to remain friends with them?

nonsense. everyone goes clubbing, they don't magically switch between "relationship material" and "not relationship material" just because they're in a nightclub.

(Original post by shawn_o1)
    2) Same

Hmm yeah this is definitely the case. I'm not the most confident person with mild social anxiety but meeting new girls is something that i'm rather good at.

Maintaining the friendships especially with girls is something else. How do i work on that? I always get nervous that once they get to really see me as i am then they'll get turned off and leave. Hence most of my relationships never go past the friend zone.

ReputationRep:
    That's why you should keep talking to more girls until you find the one who understands and accepts you, and you understand and accept her

Two rules when you go clubbing.

1. Find a girl and stick to her.
    2. The last man standing rule.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm yeah this is definitely the case. I'm not the most confident person with mild social anxiety but meeting new girls is something that i'm rather good at.

Maintaining the friendships especially with girls is something else. How do i work on that? I always get nervous that once they get to really see me as i am then they'll get turned off and leave. Hence most of my relationships never go past the friend zone.
    Probably because you actually use the term friend zone.

ReputationRep:
    3) Met this girl in church
    You lead a morally vexing lifestyle, to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    Stick to church girls
    But yeah girls usually so flake out, just move on. I don't think you're doing much wrong

(Original post by Profesh)
    You lead a morally vexing lifestyle, to say the least.
    Haha I was just about this post this

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.