Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is Physics required for Civil Engineering? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I have chosen mathematics, further maths, design and technology and geography, for a level, but i have taken an interest in engineering more specifically civil engineering. I know the basics in physics but not to good, so is physics necessary for civil engineering. Also are there any universities that does not require physics as an a level for civil engineering.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Deenesh-G)
    Hi
    I have chosen mathematics, further maths, design and technology and geography, for a level, but i have taken an interest in engineering more specifically civil engineering. I know the basics in physics but not to good, so is physics necessary for civil engineering. Also are there any universities that does not require physics as an a level for civil engineering.
    I know that UCL doesn't require it, but most good universities will require physics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deenesh-G)
    Hi
    I know people who do civil without it but they had to self teach the whole a level in the first term basically to be able to do the uni work so i wouldn't say it's that advisable. i know QUB doesn't require it.
    some unis also offer a foundation course in engineering before the degree so that's be a good choice if you lack physics.

ReputationRep:
    Some unis ask for A2 Maths and Physics and some don't, they just ask for Maths. As long as you do mechanics modules then it's fine. I'm a first year civil and I didn't do physics at all A level. I did A2 further maths instead (M1,M2,M3)

ReputationRep:
    What Uni you at?

Also how did you incorporate all 3 M modules into an ALevel Maths ?
    (Original post by imapedo)
    Some unis ask for A2 Maths and Physics and some don't, they just ask for Maths. As long as you do mechanics modules then it's fine. I'm a first year civil and I didn't do physics at all A level. I did A2 further maths instead (M1,M2,M3)

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Out of curiosity, Is Mechanics modules required for Civil Engineering?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucentDoughnut98)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Out of curiosity, Is Mechanics modules required for Civil Engineering?

Cheers
    Most logically yes
    Itll be very very stupid not to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naxiv)
    Most logically yes
    Itll be very very stupid not to
    What about just M1?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naxiv)
    What Uni you at?

Also how did you incorporate all 3 M modules into an ALevel Maths ?
    Newcastle

Further Maths

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.