The Student Room Group

How not to be creep.

There is this girl is added on Facebook before Christmas, this is just a random add. We do go to the same uni, and have a mutual friend.
The day she accepted me as a friend she did like my profile picture so i liked hers back.

Would it be creepy if I just message her saying hi.
I think it would.
Are there any alternative ways of talking to her?
Aww, just send her a message saying "hi"! The worst she can do is not reply, haha. Just ask how her course is going, exams, etc. etc.
Original post by apple1992
There is this girl is added on Facebook before Christmas, this is just a random add. We do go to the same uni, and have a mutual friend.
The day she accepted me as a friend she did like my profile picture so i liked hers back.

Would it be creepy if I just message her saying hi.
I think it would.
Are there any alternative ways of talking to her?

Nah it wouldn't be creepy. Just message her asking how she is, maybe ask how she knows your mutual friend or something.
Reply 3
Saying 'Hi' isn't creepy. I remember when I could wish everyone a Good Morning and receive a pleased reply. Now I get awkward looks.
Reply 4
Original post by Precious Illusions
Nah it wouldn't be creepy. Just message her asking how she is, maybe ask how she knows your mutual friend or something.

Original post by StartingTheParty
Aww, just send her a message saying "hi"! The worst she can do is not reply, haha. Just ask how her course is going, exams, etc. etc.

If I just say "hello (insert name). then just causally reply.

I just really want to know people around uni.
Reply 5
Original post by apple1992
If I just say "hello (insert name). then just causally reply.

I just really want to know people around uni.

"Hello <name>" sounds a little too formal in my opinion, a "Hi!" or "Hey!" with an opening question is friendlier.

Basically if you want to talk, start a conversation with a question, otherwise what is there to talk about with a total stranger?
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
"Hello <name>" sounds a little too formal in my opinion, a "Hi!" or "Hey!" with an opening question is friendlier.

Basically if you want to talk, start a conversation with a question, otherwise what is there to talk about with a total stranger?

This.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman

thank you some great advice.
what sort of open questions should I ask?
what would you do?
Well, i dunno. I don't think you should though. Idk it's up to you.
You could try commenting on her facebook status
Like, if her status is an opinion about something and/or something that is of her interest. That's the thing about statuses. People expect comments.

A 'Hi' out of nowhere from someone you don't really know is kinda weird tbh
Not being a creep is just about being able to read signals, and not seem too intense. It's basically impossible to be creepy if you act casual.
If you can, I would say approach her at uni first. After you have actually spoken, it would make an online conversation less awkward.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd prefer someone to say hi than to just exist on my friend's list.
Reply 12
Original post by bobsta10
If you can, I would say approach her at uni first. After you have actually spoken, it would make an online conversation less awkward.

Posted from TSR Mobile

never seen her in person
If anything it is more "creepy" adding her in the first place, now she's accepted & even liked you pic & I think the coast is clear to initiate a convo with her. Just be polite & say how are you? How's your day been? Talk about what she's studying etc & go from there really :smile:
Go get 'er, ol' chap! :wink:

Seriously, invite her to a date. He who hath balls shall prosper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending