Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    only just sent off my UCAS today but was wondering how long ljmu took to actually make offers as I've applied for 3 courses there

ReputationRep:
    Took about a month for me to get an offer I think.

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine on a friday got a reply on a monday. My mate got one the next day though if it's before the weekend.

ReputationRep:
    I got mine the next day, super quick!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riley95)
    I got mine the next day, super quick!
    oh wow ok!! I've been stressing thinking I'll be waiting bloody ages, when did you send yours off? and what have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    I sent it off yesterday, and got the offer this afternoon. I hadn't even initaillly applied to LJMU when I sent my application off a week ago, it was actually a substitution however I'm glad I did as the course and Uni look great, plus it has put my mind at ease knowing I'll definitely be going to Uni now no matter what my other decisions are. I applied for English Literature and Creative Writing Mind you, I'm on a gap year hence the Unconditional offer.

ReputationRep:
    I sent it off yesterday, and got the offer this afternoon. I hadn't even initaillly applied to LJMU when I sent my application off a week ago, it was actually a substitution however I'm glad I did as the course and Uni look great, plus it has put my mind at ease knowing I'll definitely be going to Uni now no matter what my other decisions are. I applied for English Literature and Creative Writing Mind you, I'm on a gap year hence the Unconditional offer.
    oh thank god, hopefully they'll reply quick to me as well! have you been to see it irl?

oh that's fab that it's unconditional though! way less stress. and snap, I've applied for english lit & creative writing too, it's my first choice

ReputationRep:
    No, I haven't, but I'll be going to an applicant / offer day soon

Wow thats great! We could be friends in the future haha. My first choice at the moment is Keele, with LJMU & Goldsmiths tying 2nd

ReputationRep:
    No, I haven't, but I'll be going to an applicant / offer day soon

Wow thats great! We could be friends in the future haha. My first choice at the moment is Keele, with LJMU & Goldsmiths tying 2nd
    aw man you'll love it!! surprisingly most of the halls are quite decent as well.

it would so weird if we both actually ended up in the same course hahah. oo keele did look lovely tbf, definitely put ljmu first

ReputationRep:
    I applied for LJMU on the 12th January but received a confirmation for my application from LJMU on the 13th. I finally received my offer on the 15th January (today). Can I ask what are you applying for? Some departments are probably busy with applications so I wouldn't worry too much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CeriAnn01)
    I applied for LJMU on the 12th January but received a confirmation for my application from LJMU on the 13th. I finally received my offer on the 15th January (today). Can I ask what are you applying for? Some departments are probably busy with applications so I wouldn't worry too much!
    just got my confirmation for my applications so I'm hoping offers will shortly follow!!

English & creative writing
    English & cultural studies
    English & journalism
    what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waifandwaiting)
    just got my confirmation for my applications so I'm hoping offers will shortly follow!!

English & creative writing
    English & cultural studies
    English & journalism
    what about you?
    Wow! Good luck, I hope you get a reply. Im sure you will!
    Ive applied for Education Studies and Special Needs

ReputationRep:
    Wow! Good luck, I hope you get a reply. Im sure you will!
    Ive applied for Education Studies and Special Needs
    aw thank you

wow, so I'm guessing you want to be a teacher/ assistant? know a few people currently studying that at ljmu, one of my closest friends missed by 40 points but they still let her in so I wouldn't worry either!!

ReputationRep:
    aw thank you

wow, so I'm guessing you want to be a teacher/ assistant? know a few people currently studying that at ljmu, one of my closest friends missed by 40 points but they still let her in so I wouldn't worry either!!
    Im not actually 100% on what I want to do yet, I picked the course because of what it had to offer. Ive always liked the idea of becoming a teacher, but I feel like so many people are wanting this too so it would be difficult to get a job. I have been looking into special needs course as well and hopefully become a teacher at a special needs school. I've also applied for a deaf studies course and BSL. LJMU have offered me a place for 260/80 points from 2 A levels and GCSE English Language at C grade. Fortunately I have had the opportunity to re-sit English this year because I had unfortunately failed at GCSE with a D. I've only just sat the exams (today and Monday) and hope for a C. I feel like the both exams have gone ddreadfulso I'm kind of doubting University at the moment.. I feel like I havent really got a chance.. My A levels are predicted AAB and I have all the other basic requirements just not english!

ReputationRep:
    Im not actually 100% on what I want to do yet, I picked the course because of what it had to offer. Ive always liked the idea of becoming a teacher,
    but I feel like so many people are wanting this too so it would be difficult to get a job. I have been looking into special needs course as well and hopefully become a teacher at a special needs school. I've also applied for a deaf studies course and BSL. LJMU have offered me a place for 260/80 points from 2 A levels and GCSE English Language at C grade. Fortunately I have had the opportunity to re-sit English this year because I had unfortunately failed at GCSE with a D. I've only just sat the exams (today and Monday) and hope for a C. I feel like the both exams have gone ddreadfulso I'm kind of doubting University at the moment.. I feel like I havent really got a chance.. My A levels are predicted AAB and I have all the other basic requirements just not english!
    at least you have a vague idea of what you want to do, it's definitely a good start! hmm it is a very competitive job from the seems of things, and one people choose for the sake of it. if you have a true desire to teach I think you'll do brilliantly!

oh good luck!!! I'm sure you'll pass, especially if your A levels are predicted so high.

ReputationRep:
    at least you have a vague idea of what you want to do, it's definitely a good start! hmm it is a very competitive job from the seems of things, and one people choose for the sake of it. if you have a true desire to teach I think you'll do brilliantly!

oh good luck!!! I'm sure you'll pass, especially if your A levels are predicted so high.
    I hope so.. I feel like both of the exams went dreadful..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.