The Student Room Group

Mistake in my personal statement

Hi there! I made a mistake in my ps: I wanted to write this sentence: Nowadays computers are everywhere-that is why there are more and more cybercrimes. But I wrote this:
Nowadays computers are everywhere-that is because there are more and more cybercrimes. I allready sent and submitted my application. Ok, I know I can't change it now, but I just wanna know, is it a big failure? So, because of that, can I be rejected? What do you think? I'm so scared :frown:
Original post by AlectoDark
Hi there! I made a mistake in my ps: I wanted to write this sentence: Nowadays computers are everywhere-that is why there are more and more cybercrimes. But I wrote this:
Nowadays computers are everywhere-that is because there are more and more cybercrimes. I allready sent and submitted my application. Ok, I know I can't change it now, but I just wanna know, is it a big failure? So, because of that, can I be rejected? What do you think? I'm so scared :frown:

You're not going to be rejected because of that. Obviously it would have been better if you hadn't made that mistake but if the rest of your application is good, I don't think they'd hold it against you.
Reply 2
Original post by Chlorophile
You're not going to be rejected because of that. Obviously it would have been better if you hadn't made that mistake but if the rest of your application is good, I don't think they'd hold it against you.

Thanks. I don't know is the full ps ok or not-I asked my english teacher to read it, and help me to correct my mistakes. And she doesn't said that it is incorrect, so now I really don't know, is it good or not. :frown:
Thanks. I don't know is the full ps ok or not-I asked my english teacher to read it, and help me to correct my mistakes. And she doesn't said that it is incorrect, so now I really don't know, is it good or not. :frown:

It is a mistake, there's no doubt about that. But the personal statement is only one part of the selection process and as I said, if the rest of your application is good, one little tiny mistake won't be a problem.
Reply 4

Don't worry about it - I've gone to many open days where they've stated they look at your predicted grades, past grades and references first. I did a placement with a lecturer and she quoted 'do people still look at personal statements?' - Sure it's a mistake, but there's nothing you can do about it now. I'm sure the rest of your application will save that mistake :biggrin: good luck!
Reply 5
Original post by Chlorophile
It is a mistake, there's no doubt about that. But the personal statement is only one part of the selection process and as I said, if the rest of your application is good, one little tiny mistake won't be a problem.

Thanks :smile: I just...so, I never-ever thought that my teacher doesn't really help me. This was the biggest mistake, I think.
Reply 6
Original post by Bambooza
Don't worry about it - I've gone to many open days where they've stated they look at your predicted grades, past grades and references first. I did a placement with a lecturer and she quoted 'do people still look at personal statements?' - Sure it's a mistake, but there's nothing you can do about it now. I'm sure the rest of your application will save that mistake :biggrin: good luck!

Thank you :smile: My fear is now, that my reference is written by this teacher :s-smilie:

That is a funny mistake but don't worry it shouldn't be too serious.
Reply 8
Original post by Raymat
That is a funny mistake but don't worry it shouldn't be too serious.

Thanks :smile: OK, I hope that the uni find it funny too, and they think: Mhmm, this is a cute, funny girl, lets give her an offer :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending