Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! Welcome to this thread.

So I've based my EPQ project about the moral and ethical issues that scientists and doctors face since I've found the AQA Biology sections on ethical issues of some topics very interesting.

Please can you post information about new, updated ethical issues in medicine and science, this will not only help me with my project, but it will be useful for your knowledge which is useful in interviews and personal statements if you're applying for a similar type of course to Medicine.

Everyone who wants to do medicine, this posting some of your Biology content on ethical issues can really help me and you out, any means would do so. In effect, this thread can be used to solidify your science revision!

Feel free to post anything relevant!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing medical ethics at the moment for A Levels and the main topics we are looking at are abortion, contraception, IVF, euthanasia, genetic modification, cloning etc etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WordsFromAPen)
    I'm doing medical ethics at the moment for A Levels and the main topics we are looking at are abortion, contraception, IVF, euthanasia, genetic modification, cloning etc etc
    Really, is it for EPQ, or a subject or something. The topics all sound very interesting, especially euthanasia. Do you think if someone's in pain, you can allow them to end their life?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f.loco)
    Really, is it for EPQ, or a subject or something. The topics all sound very interesting, especially euthanasia. Do you think if someone's in pain, you can allow them to end their life?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If someone's quality of life is so bad they cannot do carry out ordinary daily activities, and there's no chance of improvement, then yes. If someone is really suffering, or if it's an inevitability in the future, then they should be allowed to avoid that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.