f.loco
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi everyone! Welcome to this thread.

So I've based my EPQ project about the moral and ethical issues that scientists and doctors face since I've found the AQA Biology sections on ethical issues of some topics very interesting.

Please can you post information about new, updated ethical issues in medicine and science, this will not only help me with my project, but it will be useful for your knowledge which is useful in interviews and personal statements if you're applying for a similar type of course to Medicine.

Everyone who wants to do medicine, this posting some of your Biology content on ethical issues can really help me and you out, any means would do so. In effect, this thread can be used to solidify your science revision!

Feel free to post anything relevant!
WordsFromAPen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm doing medical ethics at the moment for A Levels and the main topics we are looking at are abortion, contraception, IVF, euthanasia, genetic modification, cloning etc etc
f.loco
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by WordsFromAPen)
I'm doing medical ethics at the moment for A Levels and the main topics we are looking at are abortion, contraception, IVF, euthanasia, genetic modification, cloning etc etc
Really, is it for EPQ, or a subject or something. The topics all sound very interesting, especially euthanasia. Do you think if someone's in pain, you can allow them to end their life?

Posted from TSR Mobile
neurogirl
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by f.loco)
Really, is it for EPQ, or a subject or something. The topics all sound very interesting, especially euthanasia. Do you think if someone's in pain, you can allow them to end their life?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If someone's quality of life is so bad they cannot do carry out ordinary daily activities, and there's no chance of improvement, then yes. If someone is really suffering, or if it's an inevitability in the future, then they should be allowed to avoid that

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (44)
15.07%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (95)
32.53%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (36)
12.33%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (25)
8.56%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.82%
I think it's an unfair expectation (72)
24.66%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.03%

Watched Threads