Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I recently got rejected from Oxford University for Biochemistry and am considering reapplying to Biological Natural Sciences at Cambridge next year. My AS grades were as following:
    Maths: 289/300
    Chemistry: 245/300
    Biology: 278/300
    Economics: A
    I am predicted 3A*s and believe I can get them. I am currently waiting for a reply from Imperial College. The real reason I would like to go is the fact that they have a wonderful program which ends in a masters, allowing me to move straight onto graduate studies. Would it be wise to reapply?

ReputationRep:
    If you got 3A* I would definitely gap year it and reapply. Maybe take up further maths in gap year and gain some lab experience and you should definetly get in providing you have good GCSEs too. Why don't you apply to natural sciences?

ReputationRep:
    If you're looking to do a PhD, it's definitely worth doing an integrated Masters (4 year undergraduate), because the fourth year is paid for by Student Finance (though I heard talk that SF are planning to start funding masters), and is virtually guaranteed entry.

Did you get any feedback from Oxford? Your UMS are obviously very good. You would have a chance at Cambridge, but it would be worth finding out why Oxford rejected you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.