Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I want to go to a Richard Dawkins Lecture Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm assuming some of know of Richard Dawkins? I really do want to go to one of his lectures, but I'm not sure how. I've watched a lot of his You Tube videos, and now I want to go to the real thing! I've got a very good question I want him to ask him during question time at the end.

How do I go about buying tickets in London?

ReputationRep:
    You need to keep and eye on his website and social media to know when dates are released. Then you simply purchase tickets from the venue in which it is being held.

ReputationRep:
    My RS teacher doesn't particularly like Dawkins.

No idea why I just told you that..

ReputationRep:
    I want to go to a Jonathan Meades event (soooo much), he is like a god to me but I looked on Google a there was one I found, fully booked, so if anyone can help there I would be so grateful and rep as much as I can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Add!ction)
    You need to keep and eye on his website and social media to know when dates are released. Then you simply purchase tickets from the venue in which it is being held.
    Do you mean

https://richarddawkins.net/

If so, there doesn't seem to be any events in London at all. It's strange because I saw an event in February hosted in London, but it doesn't seem to be on there anymore. Maybe they've sold out, or maybe I'm not looking in the right place as I was before?!

ReputationRep:
    I would go with what his website says as it's the most valid source. If he does do a series of talks then he's bound to hold one in London, just hang fire

ReputationRep:
    Check his website. He came really close and I didn't even know this Summer. No one would have been interested but I'd have gone alone had I known. I do that with the cinema sometimes - I like other people (well some) but it can be a better experience actually on your own

ReputationRep:
    Didn't you say you live in Oxford?

Do you have any student friends? Sometimes he talks at the union. I'm sure he does other stuff in Oxford - I've seen him around, and he talked to the Archbishop of Canterbury in the Sheldonian a few years ago, and to a maths professor in another talk in the Natural History Museum. I'm afraid I don't know of anything imminent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaffacake111)
    Check his website. He came really close and I didn't even know this Summer. No one would have been interested but I'd have gone alone had I known. I do that with the cinema sometimes - I like other people (well some) but it can be a better experience actually on your own
    I'd been at his website before Christmas when I found out that there was a February event in London. Ticket prices were £10 - £8 for students. However, looking at his website this evening, I can't seem to find that event. Also, his website layout has changed. I remember looking at a different website. I'd have definitely bought a ticket before Christmas had I known this now.

I'll call them and find out more about this missing event!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Octohedral)
    Didn't you say you live in Oxford?

Do you have any student friends? Sometimes he talks at the union. I'm sure he does other stuff in Oxford - I've seen him around, and he talked to the Archbishop of Canterbury in the Sheldonian a few years ago, and to a maths professor in another talk in the Natural History Museum. I'm afraid I don't know of anything imminent.
    I know that. I watched that video too. I live in London and Oxford. Alternate between the two places for University.

ReputationRep:
    That is quite a good lecture to go to if you are interested in Theology/Philosophy and arguments about Religion... It's quite good topic. I'm a GCSE student but I use Richard Dawkin's arguments in my lessons.

ReputationRep:
    Man, dats haram.

ReputationRep:
    god doesn't exist

there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edward Pilth)
    I'd been at his website before Christmas when I found out that there was a February event in London. Ticket prices were £10 - £8 for students. However, looking at his website this evening, I can't seem to find that event. Also, his website layout has changed. I remember looking at a different website. I'd have definitely bought a ticket before Christmas had I known this now.

I'll call them and find out more about this missing event!
    I believe website is [his name].net but there's also The Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science -RDFRS US & UK also worth a look.

I paid more than double that (I didn't begrudge it at all) for his first part of his memoir in hardback when it came out so that price for tickets seems really reasonable to actually be able to listen to a lecture from a biologist of his calibre. Thinking it must have been subsidised by RDFRS so move sharpish if you are going to enquire

ReputationRep:
    To get to see Richard Dawkins, you have to keep checking google by searching for Richard Dawkins events and see just the newest pages. He doesn't really do bookable tours in the UK anymore, so you have to catch him at book signings, guest speaking events, etc. He does a lot of appearances around Oxford because thats where he lives. I managed to see a half hour talk of his in a bookshop there.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.