The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Foundation centre applications and offer holders 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

I'll be starting Chemistry at the Foundation Centre this September and I just wanted to show my face here! I'm from York so pretty close to Durham and I've been allocated Grey College!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by finners_
Hi,

I'll be starting Chemistry at the Foundation Centre this September and I just wanted to show my face here! I'm from York so pretty close to Durham and I've been allocated Grey College!

Hey, congratulations :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
I know I'm joining this quite late, but I've got an unconditional offer for General Engineering with Foundation :smile:. Can't wait to meet you all!
Original post by maryamraf
I know I'm joining this quite late, but I've got an unconditional offer for General Engineering with Foundation :smile:. Can't wait to meet you all!

Hello, that is brilliant! Congratulations :smile:
Original post by 3OmarYoussef
Hello, that is brilliant! Congratulations :smile:

Thanks Omar :smile:
Reply 185
Original post by Maturestudent
Go on the southerners! I've noticed a lack of historians, who do we share our foundation year with?

You share modules with the arts and humanities, social scientists (incl. Law) and archaeologists. When I was at the foundation centre there were only one or two history students and about four classics students. The numbers vary.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 186
Original post by AlexG94
Ah well, perhaps you should bring it back when you graduate? :wink:
Not really sure what I will do, but I hope to work in London, perhaps at some historical site like the Tower of London. That would be awesome. :biggrin:
And I'm really excited, hadn't been up north until the other day, going to be somewhere new to explore :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Any questions about working in heritage, just let me know. I've worked for historic Scotland, English heritage and I currently work at Durham Cathedral and Alnwick Castle. If that's the route you want to go, get as much experience as you can during your degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello Everyone,

Is anyone else a little concerned that we haven't had much info through?
I've downloaded my timetable from DUO but feel I maybe missing something? Was hoping to have had something through from the Foundation Centre before now? Maybe I'm just super excited though.....
Also anyone at Cuths and in two minds about the gowns??
Elliecat, how do you download your timetable from Duo?

I've logged in and clicked on calendar but it's empty!
https://www.dur.ac.uk/undergraduate/welcome/planner/

sorry this is off the website not DUO! so confusing.
Ah yeah. I've already done that. Thanks :smile:
Original post by elliecat
Also anyone at Cuths and in two minds about the gowns??

Hello!
Also at Cuths and having the same problem haha. I think I'll try to get a gown though! They seem really nice to wear at the matriculation and I'm sure they'll come in handy again eventually :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Hey re: Gowns at Cuths, in the Fresher handbook I received, the author wrote that she had never seen anyone at Cuths wearing one.

In terms of a timetable if you log in to DUO and head to the Foundation Notice Board, then on the left hand side click Timetables, then your campus and course you should see a timetable for the first semester. I'm not sure if that's an up to date document as some of the others aren't, but a good indication of what to expect first term at least.

Glad to see a couple of other Foundation students going into Cuths this year though, what have you opted for accommodation?
Thanks Matt, just checked the fresher handbook and seems like gowns wouldn't be very useful after all.

Excited to be at Cuths! I applied for a room at Parsons and a single at Bailey for second choice. Both locations seem great. What about you?
Hi, I went for en-suite at Parsons, then a single at Parsons, then a single on the Bailey.

What is it you're studying?
Can't wait to find out where I was allocated to. I think we'll only find out on Friday, but I keep checking anyway.

Studying Engineering with foundation. You?

Excited about the Induction week? Harry Potter night seems specially great!
Yeah should find out this week hopefully. I'm doing politics with foundation.

Yeah the week looks fun. Not convinced by Harry Potter night though. At least it would be a reason to get a gown.
I hope it's as fun as it sounds! But I'm a Pottehead, so anything HP related will make me happy haha
Reply 199
Del
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest