The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Foundation centre applications and offer holders 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GreenMachine3006
Likewise, 12 people were misallocated to j.snow. Admissions told me on Monday that I will know by Friday! Let know if you hear anything tomorrow?

Sure, no problem c:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Still waiting to hear from them on my application for Philosophy with foundation! Starting to get a little nervous Haha! Anyone else still not heard anything?
Original post by Wtidbury
Still waiting to hear from them on my application for Philosophy with foundation! Starting to get a little nervous Haha! Anyone else still not heard anything?

Hi there, I'm waiting too, feels like my hole life is on hold at the moment. Think they're ment to respond by end march. Good luck
Good luck to both of you :smile: i hope they give you offers soon
Original post by 3OmarYoussef
Good luck to both of you :smile: i hope they give you offers soon

Thank you and all the very best to you as well :smile:
I've applied for ba archaeology with foundation, durham is my only choice being in my 40s and living close by with a young family. I'm desperate for an offer (be a long shot I think)
any one else applied for the same? Good luck every one :smile:
Original post by samsalin
I've applied for ba archaeology with foundation, durham is my only choice being in my 40s and living close by with a young family. I'm desperate for an offer (be a long shot I think)
any one else applied for the same? Good luck every one :smile:

Hey there,
I applied for BA Archaeology with a Foundation year too, received an offer in December, I can't wait to start!
Fingers crossed you get a place on it too :biggrin: Hopefully you will find out soon :smile:
Original post by RachArch
Hey there,
I applied for BA Archaeology with a Foundation year too, received an offer in December, I can't wait to start!
Fingers crossed you get a place on it too :biggrin: Hopefully you will find out soon :smile:

Great stuff. A friend of mine did the arch foundation last year he says it's awesome :smile: bit worried my application was late, 29th jan but we'll see. Good luck, hope to see you in October :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
I applied for English with a Foundation Year and I received an email from Durham admissions congratulating me on my being offered a place :excited:

The only thing is I need to log in to ucas track to see my offer and I cant do that until Monday because of "essential maintenance" so I'm going to be sitting here like :colonhash: until Monday morning.
Original post by Cheese n Beans
I applied for English with a Foundation Year and I received an email from Durham admissions congratulating me on my being offered a place :excited:

The only thing is I need to log in to ucas track to see my offer and I cant do that until Monday because of "essential maintenance" so I'm going to be sitting here like :colonhash: until Monday morning.

Haha nightmare! Congratulations any way, must be a great feeling, I'm beginning to think I'd be better off applying to McDonalds to see if they need any burger flippers :smile:
Original post by samsalin
Haha nightmare! Congratulations any way, must be a great feeling, I'm beginning to think I'd be better off applying to McDonalds to see if they need any burger flippers :smile:

Thank you! It feels especially great because I'm 24 and have applied to university every year since I was 18 and either not been accepted or had to turn down my offers. So if I were you I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet :smile:
Reply 131
I have been give the castle for engineering but not sure how much difference it make to which college I'm in as not going to be living in halls as I don't live far from the university
Original post by richy82
I have been give the castle for engineering but not sure how much difference it make to which college I'm in as not going to be living in halls as I don't live far from the university

Hey, congratulations on your offer :smile: many people would say that you are very lucky to be allocated castle
Reply 133
Got an offer for Criminology with Foundation a few weeks ago. Real life saver because my application with the LSE was looking really good until they announced that the UGAA was on the same day as I had to move house! Think my application there is dead in the water..

Have an offer from Southampton for standard entry but I honestly think the foundation year at Durham will make the difference between me getting a 2:1 and a 2:2.

Also I know there is the potential to change programme with foundation courses (obviously dependant on a lot of factors such as performance) which I might like to explore. I would have preferred to study Law and then do some form of postgraduate study in Criminology, just didn't have the guts to apply to it!

Edit: Allocated to Hatfield btw
Reply 134
Hello! :smile:
I applied as an international student (I'm 17 now) and got an offer for History with Foundation. So happy :hello:
My college is not chosen yet btw.

Does anyone know exact term dates? It's quite important for me.
Original post by Yugirl
Hello! :smile:
I applied as an international student (I'm 17 now) and got an offer for History with Foundation. So happy :hello:
My college is not chosen yet btw.

Does anyone know exact term dates? It's quite important for me.

Hello, congratulations on your offer :smile:
i believe you can find all the exact term dates on this link: https://www.dur.ac.uk/dates/
I hope you find what you need.
Where are you from ?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 136
Original post by 3OmarYoussef
Hello, congratulations on your offer :smile:
i believe you can find all the exact term dates on this link: https://www.dur.ac.uk/dates/
I hope you find what you need.
Where are you from ?

Thanks a lot for the link! Why didn't I find it before? :biggrin:
My name is Maria and I'm from Russia:smile:
I will be officially 19 on the first day and really feel embarrass if I'm the oldest in class:frown:
Btw, I got an offer of Law with foundation from St. Chad's.
Original post by Trisvette
I will be officially 19 on the first day and really feel embarrass if I'm the oldest in class:frown:
Btw, I got an offer of Law with foundation from St. Chad's.

I honestly dont think you will be the oldest in class, and i dont think the oldest should be embarrassed as well. I will actually be motivated and inspired by those who decided to study at university despite the fact they are older and they all have their life now. I'm pretty sure everybody feels the same :smile:
Congratulations again :biggrin: looking forward to seeing you, i think we will be doing same modules :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
I have an unconditional for Japanese Studies with foundation - anyone else taking this? I'll be 25 when the course starts.

I was misallocated to John Snow too, I emailed the foundation centre and they were able to tell me where I was actually going to be (St Aidan's).

Quick Reply

Latest