Unconditional firm and conditional insurance

Watch
kolotoure1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I currently have an uncondtional offer from DMU but thats only on the basis that i put them as my firm choice and i got a conditional from Bristol, if i was to put DMU as my firm choice and Bristol as my insurance and get the grade required to get into Bristol could i still choose Bristol as the uni i go to in the end?
k4l397
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by kolotoure1)
I currently have an uncondtional offer from DMU but thats only on the basis that i put them as my firm choice and i got a conditional from Bristol, if i was to put DMU as my firm choice and Bristol as my insurance and get the grade required to get into Bristol could i still choose Bristol as the uni i go to in the end?
If your firm is conditional you can't choose an insurance (simply because you don't need one). Once you firm an unconditional you are basically agreeing to go there. While it's not impossible for you to choose Bristol if you do get the grades, you'd have to rely on DMU releasing you into clearing and Bristol accepting you through clearing. That's what I've been led to believe anyway but I'm fairly sure it's right :P
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (42)
37.5%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (9)
8.04%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (4)
3.57%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
25.89%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (18)
16.07%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.93%

Watched Threads