Why do people rewatch movies! Watch

iAmanze
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
For me, watching the same movie more than once feels like the strangest and most unusual self-inflicted torture imaginable.
I just have little to no interest in re-watching the outcome of a scenario that I’ve already seen play out.

Why do people do it?

username927016
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I just like rewatching certain films as they are so good & I dunno it's just a certain feeling I get from them that never gets old, for example I've re watched Dead Poets Society tons of times. I can relate a fair bit to it & just find it all so inspiring, emotional & enjoyable to watch!
AstroNandos
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well, because it's interesting or entertaining or something?

For example, I know what the medium spice double chicken wraps at Nando's taste like and I've had them many times, but I enjoy so will always happily eat it again
suudsioee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by iAmanze)
For me, watching the same movie more than once feels like the strangest and most unusual self-inflicted torture imaginable.
I just have little to no interest in re-watching the outcome of a scenario that I’ve already seen play out.

Why do people do it?

i usually rewatch things cos ive forgotten what has happened.. or i reallllyy like the movie eg shes the man 😃
gonnagetrejected
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
you need to watch better movies
GenialGermanGent
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
To dive deeper into the story, pay attention to details, better understand how the director constructed the movie, etc.
There are many reasons.
Incandecent
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
LOOOL I agree with OP. It's stupid to rewatch stuff. My dad rewatched Avatar every day for weeks, killed me.
Octohedral
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Some films are un-rewatchable even if they were good - all the interest is in the plot.

Others, it's all about the characters, or the feeling (typically revenge / martial arts / tragic films / feel good / otherwise emotional films), and that I can watch again. I usually need a break of a few months, though.
Octohedral
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Incandecent)
LOOOL I agree with OP. It's stupid to rewatch stuff. My dad rewatched Avatar every day for weeks, killed me.
I rewatch films occasionally, but that sounds like torture!
somemightsay888
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If I rewatch something it's usually at least a year after I'd seen it originally. Keeps it fresh and the experience isn't boring. But watching something again and again in close proximity, I dunno why people do that.
gonnagetrejected
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
stanley kubrick is probably the best director for "rewatchable" movies. he adds so much attention to detail, his movies are truly in a world of their own.
Incandecent
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by gonnagetrejected)
stanley kubrick is probably the best director for "rewatchable" movies. he adds so much attention to detail, his movies are truly in a world of their own.
So you spend hours of your time, watching the same thing twice.... to play a game of spot the difference between what you took in the first time round and second time round? O_O
gonnagetrejected
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So you spend hours of your time, watching the same thing twice.... to play a game of spot the difference between what you took in the first time round and second time round? O_O
if you are a true movie fan, you should enjoy a movie more watching it the second or third time. it's hard to explain, but sometimes, there is so much going on, that you can't take everything in on the first go. i do not lose faith in a movie if i dont like it the first time. i try to watch it and give it a chance.
you gotta have that attitude with life man. sometimes you don't like someone or something, but you have to give it a chance and recognise its beauty because it may be there
Dr Pesto
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That's a weird way to think, I can't imagine not wanting to watch certain films multiple times. Some films you need to at more than once to get the most out of them.
lyrical_lie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I like knowing how things end. It's why I'll read my favourite books over and over again.
Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Because maybe Ginger won't die the tenth time around.
Incandecent
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lyrical_lie)
I like knowing how things end. It's why I'll read my favourite books over and over again.
hehe you have too much spare time ;]
lyrical_lie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes, all the spare time on the tube to work in the morning at my full time job. How dare I try to pass the time.
Messiah Complex
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Really? I find it bizarre this is coming from someone that decided to name themselves after a lightbulb.
Angelo12231
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Messiah Complex)
Really? I find it bizarre this is coming from someone that decided to name themselves after a lightbulb.
I don't get it what does naming yourself after a light bulb have to do with having a lot of time?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (57)
67.06%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.18%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.76%

Watched Threads