Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For me, watching the same movie more than once feels like the strangest and most unusual self-inflicted torture imaginable.
    I just have little to no interest in re-watching the outcome of a scenario that I’ve already seen play out.

Why do people do it?

ReputationRep:
    I just like rewatching certain films as they are so good & I dunno it's just a certain feeling I get from them that never gets old, for example I've re watched Dead Poets Society tons of times. I can relate a fair bit to it & just find it all so inspiring, emotional & enjoyable to watch!

ReputationRep:
    Well, because it's interesting or entertaining or something?

For example, I know what the medium spice double chicken wraps at Nando's taste like and I've had them many times, but I enjoy so will always happily eat it again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAmanze)
    For me, watching the same movie more than once feels like the strangest and most unusual self-inflicted torture imaginable.
    I just have little to no interest in re-watching the outcome of a scenario that I’ve already seen play out.

Why do people do it?

i usually rewatch things cos ive forgotten what has happened.. or i reallllyy like the movie eg shes the man 😃

ReputationRep:
    They have bad memories

ReputationRep:
    you need to watch better movies

ReputationRep:
    To dive deeper into the story, pay attention to details, better understand how the director constructed the movie, etc.
    There are many reasons.

ReputationRep:
    LOOOL I agree with OP. It's stupid to rewatch stuff. My dad rewatched Avatar every day for weeks, killed me.

ReputationRep:
    Some films are un-rewatchable even if they were good - all the interest is in the plot.

Others, it's all about the characters, or the feeling (typically revenge / martial arts / tragic films / feel good / otherwise emotional films), and that I can watch again. I usually need a break of a few months, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Incandecent)
    LOOOL I agree with OP. It's stupid to rewatch stuff. My dad rewatched Avatar every day for weeks, killed me.
    I rewatch films occasionally, but that sounds like torture!

ReputationRep:
    If I rewatch something it's usually at least a year after I'd seen it originally. Keeps it fresh and the experience isn't boring. But watching something again and again in close proximity, I dunno why people do that.

ReputationRep:
    stanley kubrick is probably the best director for "rewatchable" movies. he adds so much attention to detail, his movies are truly in a world of their own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gonnagetrejected)
    stanley kubrick is probably the best director for "rewatchable" movies. he adds so much attention to detail, his movies are truly in a world of their own.
    So you spend hours of your time, watching the same thing twice.... to play a game of spot the difference between what you took in the first time round and second time round? O_O

ReputationRep:
    So you spend hours of your time, watching the same thing twice.... to play a game of spot the difference between what you took in the first time round and second time round? O_O
    if you are a true movie fan, you should enjoy a movie more watching it the second or third time. it's hard to explain, but sometimes, there is so much going on, that you can't take everything in on the first go. i do not lose faith in a movie if i dont like it the first time. i try to watch it and give it a chance.
    you gotta have that attitude with life man. sometimes you don't like someone or something, but you have to give it a chance and recognise its beauty because it may be there

ReputationRep:
    That's a weird way to think, I can't imagine not wanting to watch certain films multiple times. Some films you need to at more than once to get the most out of them.
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I like knowing how things end. It's why I'll read my favourite books over and over again.

ReputationRep:
    Because maybe Ginger won't die the tenth time around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyrical_lie)
    I like knowing how things end. It's why I'll read my favourite books over and over again.
    hehe you have too much spare time ;]
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Yes, all the spare time on the tube to work in the morning at my full time job. How dare I try to pass the time.

ReputationRep:
    Really? I find it bizarre this is coming from someone that decided to name themselves after a lightbulb.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.