Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do girls desire casual sex just as much as guys? Watch

ReputationRep:
    When you discount societal expectations & everything do you think this true or not? Just curious :curious:

ReputationRep:
    :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    yes, we do

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it scientific fact that women generally have lower sex drives? Only science can really tell us; male and female posters will only know what their individual sex drives are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Incandecent)
    yes, we do
    In that case you must just be more fastidious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    When you discount societal expectations & everything do you think this true or not? Just curious :curious:
    ofcourse, feenin for some right now..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birkenhead)
    Isn't it scientific fact that women generally have lower sex drives? Only science can really tell us; male and female posters will only know what their individual sex drives are.
    No, I thought that was religious fact.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Some do, some don't.

See also: some guys want it, some don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unprinted)
    Some do, some don't.

BS, some guy want it, some guys REALLLYYY want it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by fghjk654)
    BS, some guy want it, some guys REALLLYYY want it.
    I can tell you've never been to a sex club.

ReputationRep:
    Wish girls did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groot)
    No, I thought that was religious fact.
    I don't recall any scriptural passages dictating that women desired sex less than men, but there's an awful lot of scientific literature taking that position. WebMD is quite reliable:

Do men really have stronger sex drives than women?

Well, yes, they do. Study after study shows that men's sex drives are not only stronger than women's [...]
    http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides...-women-compare
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Some do. Some don't. I'm not into casual sex, but I have friends who enjoy it, or who used to enjoy it. It's all down to personal preference.

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Are we schoolchildren with questions like this?

It depends on the individual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pocahontas lol)
    Are we schoolchildren with questions like this?

It depends on the individual.
    I meant in general. I hear some people say sex for girls is more about the emotional part than for guys however I'm not sure that's true if you assess all the evidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unprinted)
    Some do, some don't.

Well, yes but that's a given that there is going to be variation within a group. It's not really answering the question is it.

We're CLEARLY talking about general trends here. And we all know what the answer is: Men have higher sex drives than women (generally speaking), and so generally desire casual sex more than women do.

This some do some don't answer isn't helpful, it isn't constructive and you bloody well know it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by limetang)
    We're CLEARLY talking about general trends here. And we all know what the answer is: Men have higher sex drives than women (generally speaking), and so generally desire casual sex more than women do.

This some do some don't answer isn't helpful, it isn't constructive and you bloody well know it.
    In any population with a wide variation, talking about the mean usually doesn't make sense. You get into the situation where Bill Gates walking into a homeless shelter makes the 'average person' there a multi-millionaire.

For things like numbers of partners, there is a very wide variation. Some - women and men - have loads, and some have one or none. The shape of the curve varies, but anyone who's been to a sex club knows that there are plenty of women who want casual sex with more partners than any of the men there can manage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    Yeh but girls seem pretty conformist to me.

ReputationRep:
    Let me put it this way. I am a guy, but I wouldn't go near a girl who would ever be willing to have a one night stand/casual sex.

I know that I am one of the few people in the world with this kind of opinion and I don't force it on others, some of my friends have had one night stand ect and it doesn't bother me.
    But for a relationship, if I found out a girl I liked was into casual sex, my feeling just disappear and I have no attraction towards them anymore, not sure why but it just happens.
    I solidly believe that sex without emotional attachment is worthless and kinda degrading.

So when you say "As much as guys", as people above have said, it is a pointless question, everyone is different and gender means nothing. But for the sake of argument, I know more girls that have casual sex frequently than guys, and I mean way way more girls not just one or two.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.