Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it too late to join a society.
    The uni i go to (ARU) does not have many societies that i am interested in. Although the neighboring uni (Cambridge) has a wider variety of societies, one of which i am interested in. Am i able to join another universities society. Also is that weird? would the people already in the society exclude me as i have joined later and they have already formed their friendship groups? The main reason for wanting to do this also is to make friends as i currently don't have anybody who i click with yet from my uni

Thank you
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hey there,

No, it's most definitely not too late to join a society!! You can join at any point throughout the year.

Have you checked out the full list of societies at ARU? There are tons of them and is one of the biggest lists I've seen.

You wouldn't be able to join a neighbouring uni's societies, as membership is based on being a member at that university.

Societies tend to be really friendly and inclusive, especially at socials - it'd be great for you to go to one!!

Let us know how you get on or even which society you choose! ^_^
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It's not too late at all! When I was at university people joined societies throughout the year, and sometimes in later years. Have another look at ARU's societies though. You said there weren't many you were interested in, but you probably won't have time to join up to loads anyway! Joining just 1 or 2 is fine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.