Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I'm 20 years old and after a long thinking period I decided to retake my As and A2 levels (Physics and Maths). I have no clue where to start so I decide to turn to the internet for help. Where can I get any information regarding retakes? I have so many questions I don't even know where to begin.

Where do I take my exams? Do I contact a local college/school and ask them if I can be an external candidate for 2015 Summer retakes?

Is it too late to apply for 2015 summer exams?

How much do I have to pay for each entry (your best estimate is fine)?

I have dozens of more questions but I will not bother you with them since the ones above are the questions that I need the answers to the most. Sorry for my chaotic post, I like to think I'm much better with numbers

ReputationRep:
    I was in a similar situation last year when I decided to retake a few of my exams.
    Where do I take my exams? Do I contact a local college/school and ask them if I can be an external candidate for 2015 Summer retakes?
    Your best bet would be to contact the school/college where you originally took your a-levels. This is what I did when I took my retakes. If they don't accept private candidates you should check the private candidates page on your exam boards websites. The AQA board has a list of schools and colleges accepting private candidates at http://www.aqa.org.uk/student-suppor...ool-or-college, not sure about the other exam boards.

Is it too late to apply for 2015 summer exams?
    From what I can remember it shouldn't be too late but prices do go up as you get closer to the exam period so it would be a good idea to get it sorted as quickly as possible.

How much do I have to pay for each entry (your best estimate is fine)?
    Some schools only charge the standard entry fee which is around £20 per exam. Some other schools/colleges may charge more.

Which subjects are you retaking if you don't mind me asking?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.