Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi there, I'm 20 years old and after a long thinking period I decided to retake my As and A2 levels (Physics and Maths). I have no clue where to start so I decide to turn to the internet for help. I'm already self-studying 5-6 hours a day but I still don't know the technicalities of retaking A levels. Where can I get any information regarding retakes? I have so many questions I don't even know where to begin.

Where do I take my exams? Do I contact a local college/school and ask them if I can be an external candidate for 2015 Summer retakes?

Is it too late to apply for 2015 summer exams?

How much do I have to pay for each entry (your best estimate is fine)?

I have dozens of more questions but I will not bother you with them since the ones above are the questions that I need the answers to the most. Sorry for my chaotic post, I like to think I'm much better with numbers

The official closing date for summer entries is Feb 21st, but many centres close their entries before that date. Retaking maths is simple ( 6 modules- exam fees may be between £20-1h to £100 ish a modules, depending if you have to use a profit making centre or not. Physics a pain because of the practicals - and may be impossible to sort- which part of the country are you in?
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.