Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is the coursework I have been given, I'm a first year student and finding it a little bit difficult, anxiety is horrible. Just wondering what key elements do I need to write about for this coursework I know I have to mention installments and promissory estoppel. Also a bit confused because I have to write a bit about offer and acceptance but from this coursework it doesn't say prior before Kate bought the car if it was an offer or an invitation to treat am i correct or am I just over worrying?

Last year Kate bought a car from Orlando for £2,500 to be paid in two instalments of £1,250. Kate did not pay the second instalment when it was due. She has never disputed that she owed Orlando this money.

Orlando felt sorry for Kate, who lost her job not long after buying his car. He told her that if she paid him the half of what she owed him (£625) by the following Wednesday, he would let her off the rest.

Kate paid him the £625 on the following Tuesday. She also gave him a bottle of wine “in consideration of his kindness”.

On the Friday Kate was notified that she had been successful in one of her job applications and would be starting work at a much better salary than her old job on the First of the Month.

Orlando has heard about Kate’s new job and realises she is likely to be earning more than he is. He now wishes to claim the rest of the money which she had originally agreed to pay for the car.

Advise Orlando.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.