Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i hate all this hip hop, rubbish, argh, i will be very unpopular, but how can people like it, i mean i am normally very open about music, but 50 cent/ tupac/ j-z, they do my head in.....

any thoughts.........?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, i can't stand all that rubbish- i go out with my friends + there's one place that only really plays r+b + i can't stay there long cos i feel my brain's going to explode or something (slight exageration, but ya get the idea)

ReputationRep:
    yeah i totally agree. we need more pop music. no,no better still lets all listen to greebo grunger crap with no tune and just loud guitars. thats REAL music.

Forget rap it sounds so BAAAD try slipknot, SOAD or if your in a mellow mood cradle of filth. bring back real music......

what this thread is ****

That's because you're a study boff.

UKG is amazing, and whenever I'm in a club and there's a famous MC just tearing it up - it never ceases not to send a tingle down my spine. The music just lifts me up. I don't like all this new grimey stuff though.

Hiphop like 50 Cent ain't too greatt - but the underground stuff is breathtaking. I just sit and listen to the lyrics and there's so much variation in Hiphop that I can select any tune for any mood.

ReputationRep:
    i totally agree, its utter shite! Most of it is american imported, but even the british attempts are awful. I hope this genre dies a painful death soon! They just spit into a microphone and think they're the best thing since marvin gaye!

Regards,

Hey, it's not that bad. Sometimes Eminem has a few good ones once in a while.

iight man, yo wack, i oughta bust a cap in yo ass.
    u want beef? uv come to the wrong place u white-ass bi-atch

ReputationRep:
    Well, i can't question you tastes, becuase mine are different.
    I do listen to Rap and Hip-Hop sometimes, and Rock and Punk sometimes.
    Please don't bring unargued grievences against styles of music.
    If you are going to state that you dislike this, then please give some sort of reasoned argument why. Otherwise, leave the UK learning board for what it is suppose to be used for.

yopu can stick with your scluv 7' dont stop never move up crap

or gareth fake gates

ReputationRep:
    ^ Now that i totally agree with ^

ReputationRep:
    well as I say, it is a mainly american adopted genre. And I don't like the majority of my Americans. Also, they all make it sounds like they're from the ghetto and that lifes tough, when they're on multi-million pound salaries. The whole genres fake!

When you look on the back of a cd cover and every song is called something like 'yo *****' or 'who dat mover****er' its like who are they trying to impress.

Regards,

ReputationRep:
    Well check out Eminem then, his album tracks dont have titles like that.

I agree, in general, the whole scene associated with the style of music is partly fake, the music itself, when you ignore all these images, is really good.

the music sounds good so therefore IS good

thats all you need to know

ReputationRep:
    My point exactly. I dont listen to the culture, i listen to the music.

ReputationRep:
    no, most rap music is a complete waste of time-its boring, repetative-depressing and is made by a load of blokes who think they are really hard but the effect they have on me is laughter!

ReputationRep:
    Well thats your opinion, and however wrong it is, you are still entitled to it.

**** all u pussies out there who hate rap. Rap rulz. I mean 2pac was a legend, how can someone not like him.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, totally discredit my arguments why dont you!

ReputationRep:
    I'm generally open with music -even if I don't particularly like a genre -eg I don't like rap- I often still really like the beat or base tune that comes with the song
    *egan1 has lost track of the point she was trying to make?*

I pretty much go for anything- and even if I hate it with a heart of hate somehow I know it even better -alas! (I do sometimes worry what are going to be the 'greatest hits of the 2000s' though...there's quite a lot of manufactered shite out there-well as I say- in my opinion)

I say yey for all the great one hit wonders from the last few decades- yey for the safety dance, mmm mmm mmm and who can beat the dandy highwayman?

anyhow each to his own etc etc

can I also perhaps reccommend Real Big Fish to people- my sister bought 'Favourite Noise' a while back and I have greatly enjoyed listening to it...it's sort of a mix- and according to someone I was talking to it comes under the 'ska' genre?

anyway...must shut up and stop boring everyone...*mumbles into eventual silence*

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2003
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.