The Student Room Group

Anyone else sick of cancelled lectures?!

I have only been at uni since september and I am sick of lecturers cancelling my lectures/seminars or changing the times without informing us. I travel to uni everyday (33 miles there and 33 miles back) Next week I have exams and this week is supposed to be revision week but out of the four days im in we have had a 2 hours session on Monday morning for revision. Ive come in today for a half 9 lecture for revision to stand outside the hall waiting along with others for no one to turn up so I emailed my tutor and her replied was as discussed in the seminar last week we are starting at half 11. No emails/messages on blooms about this change so anyone who wasn't in the seminar must just deserve to not be told.
Does anyone else have this issue?
Reply 1
Original post by Obie1995
her replied was as discussed in the seminar last week we are starting at half 11. No emails/messages on blooms about this change so anyone who wasn't in the seminar must just deserve to not be told.
Does anyone else have this issue?

Why were you not in the seminar? Did you not contact your lecturer or another classmate to ask what you missed in the seminar?

As far as your lecturer is concerned; She told everyone in person that the lecture would be delayed. If you missed a seminar you were supposed to have been at then and make no effort to catch up on the missed information that is your responsability.
As Reue said, you should have been in the other lectures/seminars. I would have much more sympathy if you attended all of the lectures/seminars and then it was a constant case of lectures being cancelled or delayed.

You can't blame a lecturer if they miss one or two if through illness. Annoying to find out last minute but they can't help it if they are ill.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending