Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm currently in year 12 studying Maths, Physics, History and Psychology. The problem is that I either want to do Computer Science or Architecture but I'm more passionate about architecture. Since I'm not doing any art subjects but I did get an A* in my gcse design technology. I wanted to know if there's any extra work I could do to make me a more desirable candidate...

And if anybody can tell me what its like studying architecture or computer science it'll be great!

you sound like you've got a good balance between the sciences and humanities - and if you say you performed well at gcse art then it sounds like you've got the artistic skills needed! whilst not having art a level will limit where you can apply to slightly, I'd spend time practising drawing, painting etc as you'll be expected to submit a portfolio (some universities ask for a portfolio in place of art a level, some will ask for one regardless, and some won't ask at all... do your research! ). it could be worth attending some life drawing classes or something - whatever floats your boat really! good luck, and if you've got any questions about architecture, don't hesitate to ask!
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.