Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am an international student applying for law courses at some universities in the UK. I dont know if my Personal Statement is okay, can someone please help me by reading it and telling me what you think?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone please take a look at my personal statement and give me some feedback?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Emiliano_mdx)
    Can anyone please take a look at my personal statement and give me some feedback?
    I'm afraid the only way to get that done on TSR is to pay for the review service.

I would not recommend sending your PS to a stranger online - aside from the fact that they might have no experience in assessing PSs and so give you poor advice, you have no guarantees that they are who they say they are and that they will be as careful with your PS as you are.

ReputationRep:
    alright, thanks for the advice. It just that i really need some feedback on my PS...
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Emiliano_mdx)
    alright, thanks for the advice. It just that i really need some feedback on my PS...
    Do you have any family friends or teachers who can read it for you?

One thing you could do is use the TSR PS builder: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/per...ake_some_notes If you put the parts of your PS into the relevant boxes and click through it will give you some automated feedback on whether any sections are too long/short and whether you've made any obvious mistakes.

You can also try using online tools like http://www.online-utility.org/englis...nd_improve.jsp to test your PS for readability.

ReputationRep:
    Not really, but ill try doing what you have suggested then. Thank you for the advice.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    Discussions on TSR

• Latest
  • Personalise

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.