Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

So I live with four guys and we are trying to pick rooms for next year. As the only girl in the group, I would really like to be near the bathroom (not have to go up two flights of stairs or the living room and kitchen). But they don't seem to get why I would want/need to be near a bathroom!?????!!!!????

Any ideas on how to get through to them?

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    why do you need to be near the bathroom?

ReputationRep:
    Uh, it's just useful for that time of the month! You try going up two flights of stairs squeezing your legs together in an awkward shuffle right after you've just got up!

Seriously, as the only girl it would be kind of nice not to have to walk all over the place in a towel to and from the shower too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 00bramel)
    Uh, it's just useful for that time of the month! You try going up two flights of stairs squeezing your legs together in an awkward shuffle right after you've just got up!

Seriously, as the only girl it would be kind of nice not to have to walk all over the place in a towel to and from the shower too.
    Why not just tell them this?

ReputationRep:
    I've tried! They don't see it as an issue - they just say it isn't nice for them to have to walk a way to the bathroom either.

ReputationRep:
    Well actually even though I think they are kind of right, we as girls just need to suck it up because you can't force them to swap rooms or anything like that jsut idk try to be nice maybe to make it the most fair just roll a dice to decide who is gonna have which room and maybe odds will be in your favour!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you do kind of need to just suck it up, you have no more of a right to be near the bathroom just because you have a vagina. Sorry. If it matters to you that much why don;t you offer to pay a little pit extra?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a guy. They are guys. They won't get this sadly.

4 Guys? seriously you though there would be no trivial problems?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 00bramel)
    You can always take your clothes to the bathroom and get changed there - that's what I do anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Having a vagina is not a disability! :judge:

ReputationRep:
    I don't quite understand your sentence about the stairs, living room and kitchen, but it sounds like whatever room you want has significant advantages other than the bathroom. If so, I think you're going to have to roll a die or pick names out of a hat.

ReputationRep:
    If you are seriously going to live with four boys and are the only girl, I think bathroom access is going to be the least of your problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FeelingDepressed)
    If you are seriously going to live with four boys and are the only girl, I think bathroom access is going to be the least of your problems.

Why's that? I live with pretty much just guys ( one other girl but she practically lives at her boyfriend's) and I have no problems.

ReputationRep:
    Because every student house I have been in occupied by boys have been stys, maybe you are lucky but the thought of sharing a kitchen and bathroom with four of them fills me with horror. My brother is a third year and a tramp and even he only shares with 2 now because he couldn't stand living that way.

ReputationRep:
    periods don't warrant bathroom privileges, who are u

ReputationRep:
    maybe don't live in a place with two flights of stairs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FeelingDepressed)
    Because every student house I have been in occupied by boys have been stys, maybe you are lucky but the thought of sharing a kitchen and bathroom with four of them fills me with horror. My brother is a third year and a tramp and even he only shares with 2 now because he couldn't stand living that way.
    Only one guy in the house fits that description and we all give him **** for it. Its not really a gendered thing I've found (lived all girls last year) its a ****ty person thing.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a girl, and I'm not sure I understand why you need to be near a bathroom either :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    haha, those god damn equal rights eh?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.