Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi can anyone help me with my personal statement. I know what to say just find it hard putting it down, I want to do nursing as I have been a healthcare assistance for 14years. I enjoy helping people and have a caring nature. I get satisfaction when I see the care we provide helps patients with there recovery

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samantha1971)
    Hi can anyone help me with my personal statement. I know what to say just find it hard putting it down, I want to do nursing as I have been a healthcare assistance for 14years. I enjoy helping people and have a caring nature. I get satisfaction when I see the care we provide helps patients with there recovery
    No one can write your statement for you it has to come from you.
    And make sure you proof read it or find someone you trust to look over it.
    Google personal statements and look at examples on this website and others.
    Just make sure you don't plagiarise
    Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey there 😀

I can feel your pain - I just recently finished writing my personal statement - I feel that the UCAS system is a bit unfair on applicants who aren't currently in education because there's a lot less support available.

An admissions tutor I spoke to a few months a go basically said you need to include:
    * Why you want to be a nurse
    * Why you want to study your branch of nursing (remember to make it clear which branch you want to study)
    * How you have researched nursing and the degree
    * What experience you have of working with vulnerable adults or children

Because I've worked quite a bit as a Support Worker and a Nursing Assistant my personal statement was quite heavy on the experience side - I assume that'll be the same for you. I tried to write quite a bit about why my experience has taught me, trying to talk a little about values and compassion and all those buzz words.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have to play devils advocate here as there are plenty of people that are not in education or haven't been for a while yet still write really good personal statements.
    This demonstrates that you can show initiative and work on your own which is what you need to do in your studies at university.
    It is difficult but there is more than enough information online for nursing personal statements.
    University Facebook pages etc all help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying it can't be done, or that it isn't a good academic exercise - but I do feel it is harder when you don't have personal tutors, lecturers and careers advisors on hand to advise you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.