Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone

I am planning on applying to Coventry for April intake in MSc Marketing. Will be sending in my application today. I live in the US and have done my bachelors from there. I can not decide if I should stick with a US university for my post grad or not? How exactly is Coventry? I feel old - i am 27 and will be having a 6 year break between my bachelors and masters. Part of me is kinda hesitant to go back to school. I don't know how the people are going to be. I have visited London quite a few times in the past and I love the place! Possibly a major reason for me to consider studying in the UK. Much calmer than our good ol' New York.

I will really appreciate if anyone can fill me in with some insight on the transition, the living expenses (I am not looking into sharing the housing with multiple people). A single flat-mate in my age bracket would be nice. Is that easier to find? Also, how is the business faculty like - any April intakes for business?

Please help me out - I will look forward to your replies.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by PurpleCactus)
    Hello everyone

I am planning on applying to Coventry for April intake in MSc Marketing. Will be sending in my application today. I live in the US and have done my bachelors from there. I can not decide if I should stick with a US university for my post grad or not? How exactly is Coventry? I feel old - i am 27 and will be having a 6 year break between my bachelors and masters. Part of me is kinda hesitant to go back to school. I don't know how the people are going to be. I have visited London quite a few times in the past and I love the place! Possibly a major reason for me to consider studying in the UK. Much calmer than our good ol' New York.

I will really appreciate if anyone can fill me in with some insight on the transition, the living expenses (I am not looking into sharing the housing with multiple people). A single flat-mate in my age bracket would be nice. Is that easier to find? Also, how is the business faculty like - any April intakes for business?

Hi PurpleCactus,
    I'm a postgraduate student at coventry, studying a research degree. I'm 22, but the majority of my class is actually older than me so I wouldn't worry about age at all! Coventry is a very welcoming place, and we have a huge and diverse range of students, so we're sure you'll fit in just fine. I did my undergraduate studies here too, and I felt so at home here I've stayed for my research degree, and now work for the university too. If you've visited London before, Coventry is much much smaller, but I personally find that a plus, as there's enough here to never be bored, but you're not overwhelmed by the business of larger cities. Being in the midlands Coventry is really well connected with the rest of the UK, it only takes 50 minutes to get to London by train, and Birmingham is only 15 minutes away.

The university estimates the cost of living in Coventry to be around £500 per calendar month, but obviously it will depend on the individual, and I would say if you're looking to live in the city centre on your own that you'll probably want to budget for quite a bit more than this.

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask or drop us a private message.
    - Josh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleCactus)
    Hello everyone

Hey PurpleCactus

Any feedback regrading your move to Coventry? How are you getting on with your course and also what is the accommodation ???

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.