Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi there,

Starting September 2015, I will be starting a 3-year BSc course.
    I was previously on a 3-year course at Birmingham. I completed my first year, but dropped out towards the end of the 2nd year due to family problems at home. I was offered the chance to return to 'try again' essentially, and was charged a much lower fee for the year (Around £1000 instead of the ~£3400).

Again, it didn't work out and I dropped out for good just after Christmas 2013. During this time SFE paid my tuition fees and maintenance loan. From the total 3 years, I recieved roughly £13,000 in funding.

My questions are;

Will I recieve any funding at all on my new course starting September 2015? I was told by an advisor at the Guild that I can apply for a Maintenance Loan for each year, but would likely be eligible for only 1 year (the final year) of Tuition Fees, as I have used 3 of my 4 years of funding.

On top of this, are there any grants or scholarships I would be eligible for at all? It will be a very tight 3-years if I can't get anything at all!
    • Official TSR Representative

Official TSR Representative
    Hi there.

In this case you would only be entitled to one year of funding, which is always given in the final year. You will be eligible for a maintenance loan and supplementary grants from us such as Childcare and Disabled Students Allowance only.

Scholarships/bursaries, etc are given by the colleges/unis themselves so you would need to consult with them to determine your eligibility for them.

Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.