Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi.....I take SL Biology

Paper 1 - Easy Peasy lemon squeezy. Finished in 10 mins....
    Paper 2 - Essay questions alright. Data base question wtf?! I didn't understand the one on caterpillars. 'Great tits'!? (btw, if you hope this reveals any info on the exam, it doesn't).

ReputationRep:
    Hey... Overall, was it OK, or did u find it hard? That's all I wanna know! Or... If you can,... give me some hints on what questions were asked! Hehe!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CkoS)
    Hey... Overall, was it OK, or did u find it hard? That's all I wanna know! Or... If you can,... give me some hints on what questions were asked! Hehe!
    Hmm paper one was dead easy, paper two was.....weird (if you do standard level you'll see). The essay questions were quite nice though.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, thanks. I suppose that's a help How much time do we have for Data Analysis? And essay q's? Overall it's 2 hrs right? Just making sure...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CkoS)
    Ok, thanks. I suppose that's a help How much time do we have for Data Analysis? And essay q's? Overall it's 2 hrs right? Just making sure...
    Standard - 1 hr 30 mins
    Higher - 2 hrs 15 mins

ReputationRep:
    Paper 1 was really good but paper two i had problems....
    i dind't get the enggs and caterpillar question either... that was somewhat confusing.

The essays were good, i did question 7.... but i ran out of time.. not to wory, i'm hoping for a 5 overall in Bio.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laqueta)
    Paper 1 was really good but paper two i had problems....
    i dind't get the enggs and caterpillar question either... that was somewhat confusing.

The essays were good, i did question 7.... but i ran out of time.. not to wory, i'm hoping for a 5 overall in Bio.
    Exactly the same reaction......I didn't get the great tit question. i did no 6, though, I saw that 7 was a ------ question (just incase ppl haven't taken it) and i didn't even read it which is something I never do but I just did it!! omg....and I come out of the exam and everyone was saying how easy it was..stupid me.....

no. 6 was ok...

ReputationRep:
    WTF is caterpillar !!!
    what are u talkin about !!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rashed)
    WTF is caterpillar !!!
    what are u talkin about !!!!
    Calm down, we're SL.

ReputationRep:
    oooo

ReputationRep:
    People. Let me tell you. paper one was AWESOME! I'll be dissappointed if I dont get like 80-90%. But paper 2......WTF?????
    The worst paper 2 I've ever seen. Section B was a biatch and so were the data based questions. Give me a break. I left the exam room kinda pissed after paper 2. There wasnt a single thing on transcription or translation, the things I had studied in like the greatest detail ever.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry deleted the post...realized some ppl haven't done exams yet.

ReputationRep:
    oh come on, what are you all on about?
    that was the easiest paper 1 they could possibly have set, not a single question required any interpretation or analysis. 30 /30 for sure
    Paper 2 was prehaps unusual, but certainly not difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegrogger)
    oh come on, what are you all on about?
    that was the easiest paper 1 they could possibly have set, not a single question required any interpretation or analysis. 30 /30 for sure
    Paper 2 was prehaps unusual, but certainly not difficult.
    Hey, everyone is different. Paper 1 was easy and I'll be surprised if I don't get above 90%, but the data base question in paper 2 (the great tits one) I didn't understand at all. I'd never seen anything like it. It wasn't too bad though.

Just because you understood it doesn't mean everyone did. The tone you wrote in was very condescending Plz appreaciate the fact that we all have different ranges of knowledge....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firestar)
    People. Let me tell you. paper one was AWESOME! I'll be dissappointed if I dont get like 80-90%. But paper 2......WTF?????
    The worst paper 2 I've ever seen. Section B was a biatch and so were the data based questions. Give me a break. I left the exam room kinda pissed after paper 2. There wasnt a single thing on transcription or translation, the things I had studied in like the greatest detail ever.
    lol, u should have done higher, we got transcription/translation! It was greeeeat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    lol, u should have done higher, we got transcription/translation! It was greeeeat!
    Actually we did too (SL).

ReputationRep:
    Al so in the higher...we got plant science and photosynthesis and carbon cycle, as question 7, it was EASY!!!!!!!!!!111

ReputationRep:
    heey! p1 was grrreat, apart from 7th q. i know, i know, i just got kinda confused.
    section B - 6th q, i think it was the easiest one...maybe cos we've had it in all the previous exams? hihihi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    That was a great question but I completely forgot what DNA profiling was (part c)...so couldnt do it...ah well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahwhatevver)
    That was a great question but I completely forgot what DNA profiling was (part c)...so couldnt do it...ah well!
    Lol i looked at that part of the question and i had no idea what DNA profiling was, but as i was writing an answer down to fill up the space, i remembered what it was....quite funny as what i was writing down about had to do with taking a sample amniotic fluid

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.