Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, I work in a books warehouse through the recruitment agency. I started in the middle of last summer.

Usually I work there 4 days a week: Mon-Tue-Sat-Sun. Like the contract employees in the warehouse, I get double pay rate on Sundays, because I worked here for more than 12 weeks period. Until the new year everything was perfect, it was a busy season and I used to get work on every available day.

BUT, this is the third week so far when they don't give me work on Sundays!!! Everyone else gets work except me and other people who work for more than 12 weeks. Does that mean that they avoid giving me work on Sundays because of the double pay rate? Can I do anything about that? I work really well, I got couple friends who are lazy as hell and they still get work on Sundays. So, what the hell? Do I have any rights for this? I would work on Sundays even if I wouldn't get double pay rate, couple weeks more and I will not afford to pay my rent and living expenses!

What to do? Help!

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like good business sense on their part to only employ people on Sundays who do not get double pay.

Ask the management why you don't get any Sunday work, it might be a misunderstanding or an admin error.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.