Where to travel in ASIA?

Watch
Welch
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Me and a few friends want to travel around Asia for a month, was just wondering which of the best countries are (for scenic, culture and partying with other 21 year olds!). I've done Thailand btw so no need to recommend that! Thanks for any help!
Feraligatr
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Malaysia's pretty decent if you're looking for somewhere that's got rich culture, don't know about partying though :holmes:
PJ07
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by zhang-liao)
Malaysia's pretty decent if you're looking for somewhere that's got rich culture, don't know about partying though :holmes:
Pretty good partying can be found on some of Malaysia's Islands... e. g. Perhentian Islands. Not as mad as Thailand but still an amazing spot.

Vietnam would probably be better overall though in my opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
De Chirico
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Do not under any circumstances fail to visit Angkor Wat in Cambodia.
PJ07
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by De Chirico)
Do not under any circumstances fail to visit Angkor Wat in Cambodia.
:yy::ditto:
Wasn't keen on Cambodia in general but Angkor Wat is the most impressive place I've ever visited.

Posted from TSR Mobile
milkberries
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
South Korea (nightlife in Seoul is amazing), Indonesia (Bali perhaps), China (specifically Shanghai), etc etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
PJ07
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by milkberries)
South Korea (nightlife in Seoul is amazing)

Posted from TSR Mobile
So true! Seoul is immense. Soju and galbi and K-pop! good times!

Posted from TSR Mobile
em.d_4
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Welch)
Me and a few friends want to travel around Asia for a month, was just wondering which of the best countries are (for scenic, culture and partying with other 21 year olds!). I've done Thailand btw so no need to recommend that! Thanks for any help!
Vietnam is absolutely stunning, definitely worth it! Sri Lanka also great and singapore has a tonne of culture.
Personally i think Korea (south, i doubt you'd get into the north) could be really interesting.
My cousin went to laos, and cambodia which apparently were great.
Obviously there's china but you'd probably just want to pick a city, or maybe just hit hongkong for a couple days stop over.

If it was me I'd go somewhere in India, then Laos, Hongkong, Japan, Vietnam, Cambodia and finally Srilanka. It makes a nice little loop and you could always stick Thailand in there somewhere if you fancy going back.
NerdyMeg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
South Korea, Japan or Goa ;3
Pickles
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by PJ07)
:yy::ditto:
Wasn't keen on Cambodia in general but Angkor Wat is the most impressive place I've ever visited.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really agree with this - where about's did you go in Cam?
Pickles
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Welch)
I came back from my travels about 5 months ago and I visited; Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia and Singapore in S.E. Asia...I would recommend all of these apart from Cambodia, as said above, go to Angkor Wat, but leave the rest.

Vietnam is beyond belief. It's stunning and is definitely the place that shocked me the most. It was unbelievable, so Vietnam is a must.
peachyclean
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you're heading into China definitely hit up Shanghai, it's just one of those places you have to see - also get a boat trip along the river, skyline is amazing at night!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (252)
57.01%
I don't have everything I need (190)
42.99%

Watched Threads