Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering if anyone at Edinburgh Uni who does maths could let me know what it's like? I know you study at the James Clerk Maxwell Building but this looks ages away from town and quite inconvenient to get to, is it?
    Also I live in Edinburgh and everyone says there's no chance of getting a place in halls, but I really need to move out- is that true?
    Thank you :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bwabwa)
    I was just wondering if anyone at Edinburgh Uni who does maths could let me know what it's like? I know you study at the James Clerk Maxwell Building but this looks ages away from town and quite inconvenient to get to, is it?
    Also I live in Edinburgh and everyone says there's no chance of getting a place in halls, but I really need to move out- is that true?
    Thank you :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey! I'm currently a maths student at UoE
    There's a thread which I've talked a lot about the school here:-
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3072971

In 1st year you're studying at George Square, so you don't need to worry about getting to JCMB. From 2nd year and above you are studying at Kings Buildings so the easiest way to get there is by the Uni's shuttle bus (or a half hour walk from central!), it's not inconvenient to get too

Do you live far from the centre? The rule of thumb is you're not guaranteed an offer of accommodation if you apply, but there's no harm in applying. But if you live outside the ring-road (Edinburgh bypass) then I think you're eligible (but it's always worth checking with Accommodation services about this).

ReputationRep:
    That's great. Yeah I live pretty close to the centre but I'll give applying for halls a go, thanks very much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.