The Student Room Group
University of Northampton
Northampton
Visit website

Applicants for the University of Northampton 2015!

Hello everyone,

This thread is available to anyone who has made an application to the University of Northampton or is interested in applying.

My team and I are here to answer any questions that you have about the University no matter how big or small. This can be anything from 'What is Northampton like as a town' to 'Can I bring a kettle into halls', hopefully we will be able to help.

Just to note, if you have been offered a place then you will be invited to attend an Applicant Visit Day which we would strongly recommend coming to for the potential to meet lecturers, other applicants and view our brilliant facilties.

We hope to see or hear from you soon!

Laura and the team :smile:

ps. Congratulations !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by The University of Northampton
Hello everyone,

This thread is available to anyone who has made an application to the University of Northampton or is interested in applying.

My team and I are here to answer any questions that you have about the University no matter how big or small. This can be anything from 'What is Northampton like as a town' to 'Can I bring a kettle into halls', hopefully we will be able to help.

Just to note, if you have been offered a place then you will be invited to attend an Applicant Visit Day which we would strongly recommend coming to for the potential to meet lecturers, other applicants and view our brilliant facilties.

We hope to see or hear from you soon!

Laura and the team :smile:

ps. Congratulations !

Hey!
I've applied for podiatry and haven't heard anything yet. I sent my application in mid December before Christmas break and see ones getting interviews on this,

Which airport is closest to Northampton and what's the best way to get from the airport to park campus?

Hope you can help

C
Northampton
Visit website
Original post by cdoyle
Hey!
I've applied for podiatry and haven't heard anything yet. I sent my application in mid December before Christmas break and see ones getting interviews on this,

Which airport is closest to Northampton and what's the best way to get from the airport to park campus?

Hope you can help

C

Hi,
You normally hear a response back within 21 working days of submitting your application. If it has been over this time then I would suggest calling admissions on 01604 892042 to check the progress of your application and they will be able to help!
Closest airports are London Luton, Birmingham International and East Midlands which are all roughly 1-2 hours away. If you fly to Birmingham then there is a direct train to Northampton station.
I hope this helps!

Laura :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by The University of Northampton
Hi,
You normally hear a response back within 21 working days of submitting your application. If it has been over this time then I would suggest calling admissions on 01604 892042 to check the progress of your application and they will be able to help!
Closest airports are London Luton, Birmingham International and East Midlands which are all roughly 1-2 hours away. If you fly to Birmingham then there is a direct train to Northampton station.
I hope this helps!

Thank you.
This probably sounds odd but at the accommodation on Avenue Campus, it looked like the beds in the show flat were camp beds rather than proper ones. Was this just in the show flat on the open day or is that what all the beds are like in those halls?
What is the night life like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just wondering whether or not first year students stay in St Johns halls of residence.
Also, if i were to put Northampton as my insurance choice, (holding an unconditional offer) would I be able to select accommodation?
thanks
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi I recently did my online Maths and English tests for my application to Mental Health Nursing. I was wondering how long on average it takes to hear back after this stage?
I was also wondering roughly how many applicants you get each year for the course and how many places there are to offer.
Thank you in advance.
Original post by harrydc123
Just wondering whether or not first year students stay in St Johns halls of residence.
Also, if i were to put Northampton as my insurance choice, (holding an unconditional offer) would I be able to select accommodation?
thanks

Hi there,

All applicants who have been offered a place will have the chance to apply for accommodation at St Johns but this will be subject to availability. You will be emailed around the beginning of March with a link and information on how to apply!

Original post by Prince of Mind
Hi I recently did my online Maths and English tests for my application to Mental Health Nursing. I was wondering how long on average it takes to hear back after this stage?
I was also wondering roughly how many applicants you get each year for the course and how many places there are to offer.
Thank you in advance.

Hi there,

You will usually hear back from the admissions department with a response within a week. If you do not hear back within this time then you can call them on 01604 892042.

Original post by liannecamps26
What is the night life like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's only one way to check out the nightlife!

There is a really good variety of bars and clubs in Northampton depending on the music scene you are into. If its indie/alternative music and live bands then the Roadmender is a must, for more mainstream music (with a splash of retro) there is a strip of bars on the main street in town which is popular with students- especially on week nights.

I hope that's helped!

Original post by monangesolitaire
This probably sounds odd but at the accommodation on Avenue Campus, it looked like the beds in the show flat were camp beds rather than proper ones. Was this just in the show flat on the open day or is that what all the beds are like in those halls?

I can assure you they are real beds!
Reply 12
Hi there!
I just wanted to find out if you are holding an unconditional offer and you pick University of Northampton as your firm, do you have more of a chance of getting the room you want or is it the same as every other applicant?
Hi,
I would like to know how works maintenance loan, bursaries and grants for EU students.

I have spend more than 5 years in the UK, some people told me that I am not eligible for this and some others told me that I am eligible because of the time that I've spend in this country and also because I've been working during all this years.

If possible, Could you clarify my doubts please?

Regards

Alex
I understand that you can have a twin room as an accommodation option, but do you get to choose who you room with, or are you just put with anyone?
Hey,

I applied for adult nursing on the 15th jan , and i still haven't received any feedback after receiving the 21 day email.

Do they offer alternative nursing courses ?

Hope you can help
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Rose96_
Hi there!
I just wanted to find out if you are holding an unconditional offer and you pick University of Northampton as your firm, do you have more of a chance of getting the room you want or is it the same as every other applicant?

Hi Rose,

If we are your first choice then you will be guaranteed a place in halls and your choice will be subject to availability. We will need to have this confirmed by 30th April.

I hope this helps!

Original post by AlexanderBLopez
Hi,
I would like to know how works maintenance loan, bursaries and grants for EU students.

I have spend more than 5 years in the UK, some people told me that I am not eligible for this and some others told me that I am eligible because of the time that I've spend in this country and also because I've been working during all this years.

If possible, Could you clarify my doubts please?

Regards

Alex

Hi Alex,

As this question will differ due to individual circumstances I would recommend that you email or call our dedicated financial guidance team either to [email protected] or call 01604 892462.

Original post by Zairanang
I understand that you can have a twin room as an accommodation option, but do you get to choose who you room with, or are you just put with anyone?

Hi there,

Yes you can choose if you want to live with a certain person all you need to do is when applying add this information to your notes section including their student number.

Original post by Danielleat
Hey,

I applied for adult nursing on the 15th jan , and i still haven't received any feedback after receiving the 21 day email.

Do they offer alternative nursing courses ?

Hope you can help

Hello,

The response time is 21 working says so you should hear back shortly!

Best of luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending