The Student Room Group
University of Northampton
Northampton
Visit website

Applicants for the University of Northampton 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by harrydc123
If I've put Northampton as my insurance choice, am I still able to select accommodation or not?

Hi

You will only be able to apply for accommodation if you have made us your firm choice.

Michelle
Northampton
Visit website
Original post by Bruce1997
I can't register online for accommodation as it says that my personal details are invalid and I'm really worried that I won't get a place of i don't register soon x:s-smilie:

Hi

Did you receive an email from our accommodation team with a link to the accommodation portal?

Regards
Michelle
Original post by MLG90
Hello.
I received an offer for Children's Nursing this morning (very exciting as it's my first choice!) however, the host hospital I've been given is Milton Keynes...
I'm not sure what this means with regards to accommodation as I wouldn't want to live in Halls in Northampton if I had to travel to Milton Keynes Hospital - is there accommodation for nursing students there? Thanks

Hi!

Firstly congratulations! There is accommodation available at Milton Keynes which you can apply for if you would prefer to stay there. You would need to contact them to arrange.

Good luck!
Michelle
Original post by Jordan frodsham
Hey

Just wondering what does the rent cover in the accomadation price and is their anything else I will need to pay for before I arrive and when I am there

Thanks Jordan

Hi Jordan

It covers your room (obviously) as well as the main utility bills for heating, lighting, water and electricity. Your room will have network and WiFi access, providing links to the University computer network.

You will also need to pay a £300 deposit to secure your room.

Hope that helps!
Michelle
Original post by teniola
Hello,
I have been offered a conditional offer at the UoN to study OT in Sept. Please I am not clear about exams. Honestly, I hate exams!!!! I don't mind a couple but regular exams oh no!!!! I understand there is only Anatomy and Physiology exams in the first year and that is it. Is this correct? I really really want to make NoN my firm choice. Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards

Hi

The programme offers a diverse range in the way students are assessed within modules including written assignments, examinations, presentations, reflective essays and case notes.

I hope that helps
Michelle
No I haven't received one :smile:
No I haven't received one :smile:

Hi Bruce

Have you made us your firm choice?

Michelle
Yes :smile:
How long ago was that as you should receive an email from us with a link to the accommodation portal with your log in details.
I did it early yesterday morning :smile:
I did it early yesterday morning :smile:

It takes a while for the UCAS information to come through to us but as soon as we have it you will receive an email with all the info on to apply!
thank you :biggrin:
Which accommodation would you say is better- ensuite accommodation on Park campus or in the Town centre?

Park campus you have the student bars, parking, more students and next to classrooms, but in the town centre you have shops and cafes, nightlife, nicer accommodation and its next to the clinic I'll be doing placememnt at.

If I were in town centre accommodation do you think I would miss out on parties and stuff which go on in the flats on Park campus or would I still have all that in the accommodation in the town centre?

Original post by fayeswan
Which accommodation would you say is better- ensuite accommodation on Park campus or in the Town centre?

Park campus you have the student bars, parking, more students and next to classrooms, but in the town centre you have shops and cafes, nightlife, nicer accommodation and its next to the clinic I'll be doing placememnt at.

If I were in town centre accommodation do you think I would miss out on parties and stuff which go on in the flats on Park campus or would I still have all that in the accommodation in the town centre?

Hi there,

Not at all, St John's halls has its own little community of which you will find a lot of students who are going to town will visit you beforehand and can go out together. Plus, the main bonus is you don't have to pay for a taxi either!

You will only be staying in halls for the first year and then, if you choose to you can move into a student house with friends nearer the campus if your prefer.

I hope this helped!

Laura :smile:
Hi guys here is a LIKE page and group for Facebook about halls groups and other info!

facebook.com/pages/Newcastle-Freshers-2015/776481372429903?fref=ts

facebook.com/groups/924192790954735/?fref=ts
Original post by JamesP123
Hi guys here is a LIKE page and group for Facebook about halls groups and other info!

facebook.com/pages/Newcastle-Freshers-2015/776481372429903?fref=ts

facebook.com/groups/924192790954735/?fref=ts

Those pages are for Newcastle Uni, this is Northampton Uni :smile:
Reply 76
Can someone please explain what the assessment block is? I might study podiatry as a international student and was wondering if I would have to stay at the university for the entire assessment block.
I haven't had an email about accomadation and the deadline is 4 days away and I can't find an application form online anywhere. Is there a possible link to one?
Original post by Chloeeb_xxx
I haven't had an email about accomadation and the deadline is 4 days away and I can't find an application form online anywhere. Is there a possible link to one?

Hi Chloe

Have you made us your first choice?

Michelle
Reply 79
Hi
I haven't heard back for a few days since confirming Northampton as my first choice and I'm getting a little worried since I still need to sort accomadation out, can anyone help?
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending