Didn't know what I'm applying to..HELP!! Watch

LostRamona
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello, I am planning to start studying Biomedical Science staring september/october 2015 and I sent my application to Coventry uni, Greenwich, Essex, Sheffield and Aberdeen last week and got conditional offers from Coventry and Greenwich. The thing is I feel like I didn't make good use of my choices. All I have read about Coventry and Greenwich is awful. As I don't live in the UK I didn't really know anything about the universities I applied to. Everything seemed great on their website. As about rankings, I checked some rankings based on biological sciences and all of them were pretty good. But now, after applying I feel pretty bad for not making better use of my choices. Are Coventry and Greenwich really bad when it comes to Biomedical Science?
Roving Fish
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey there,

Have you thought about coming to the UK to look around the universities? Making a blind choice is pretty brave, especially for the amount of money that would be spent on fees.

I'm not really sure about the sciences, maybe it's worth checking out the following sites for some student-led statistics from the government & 'the complete university guide'? Links:

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...cal%20Sciences

https://unistats.direct.gov.uk/

Let us know if you need any more help
LostRamona
Rep:
?
Thank you, the unistats site is great. It looks like my choices aren't that bad in the end. When I chose the universities i would like to go to I was sure that they're the right choices for me, but after that I've read a lot of bad things about them on this forum.
Roving Fish
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LostRamona)
Thank you, the unistats site is great. It looks like my choices aren't that bad in the end. When I chose the universities i would like to go to I was sure that they're the right choices for me, but after that I've read a lot of bad things about them on this forum.
Most posts about forums on TSR are negative ones or questions about negative experiences, therefore it'd be unwise to base going to universities on complaints you've seen here.

I would suggest that you go to see the university whilst it's in session for a tour and maybe a chat with the course leader. This way you can see what it's like, talk to a few students and talk through with your potential course leader.
LostRamona
Rep:
?
Thanks again, you helped me a lot I also feel better
Roving Fish
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LostRamona)
Thanks again, you helped me a lot I also feel better
No problems
sydneybridge
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Check out each Uni's Open Day films on You Tube.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?