Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, I need an Essay of the theme loneliness Of Mice and Men. please help meeee
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by TheHawa)
    Hello everyone, I need an Essay of the theme loneliness Of Mice and Men. please help meeee
    What ideas have you already had?
    We can't write your essay for you as that's plagiarism, but if you tell us what you have so far we could help with suggesting where you could find quotes and how to develop your points

ReputationRep:
    thank u for ur reply.... I dont know how to structure it. If you could plz give me some guidance about it. thnx again

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    thank u for ur reply.... I dont know how to structure it. If you could plz give me some guidance about it. thnx again

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Generally you need an introduction, a few paragraphs then a conclusion.
    Here's my recommended structure for a paragraph:
    Spoiler:
    Show

For analytical paragraphs, a good paragraph structure to use is PETER:
    P- Point: One sentence saying what the point you're trying to get across in this paragraph is (e.g The author x creates an air of tension in his novel y to make the reader feel suspicious about z character's intentions.)
    E- Evidence: A quote to back up your point (can be introduced with 'this is shown through the quote "x")
    T- Technique: State what literary technique/structural technique is being used in this quote ("x" which uses pathetic fallacy.)
    E- Explanation: Explain how this technique and quote support your point; explore the author's intentions, the plot of whatever you're looking at, context if it's Shakespearean for example, the general effects of it.
    R- Reader: Explain the effects of the quote/technique on the reader; how it makes them feel, how it changes their view of a character, whether they're empathetic etc.
    The last two parts should be the largest section of the paragraph and can be combined.

ReputationRep:
    Sparknotes will help. GOOGLE IT

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot dear.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have got loads of notes but the only problem is that I get confused and when I finish writing Im not too confident about it. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just Wikipedia 'loneliness themes of mice and men ' then reword what it says . Continue this on every single essay until you graduate ....
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by ssupernova)
    Just Wikipedia 'loneliness themes of mice and men ' then reword what it says . Continue this on every single essay until you graduate ....
    Wikipedia won't really give you essay notes, only factual things about the book :yep: Best bet is to stick with online revision guides like sparknotes and litcharts

ReputationRep:
    Okay thank you. I will write the essay and after writing I will post it so that u can go through it for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Okay thank you. I will write the essay and after writing I will post it so that u can go through it for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Send it by PM instead, if you post in on an open forum someone could copy it and that would be plagiarism Don't worry about that being a problem with me, I'm doing my A Levels now, and I will be able to help as I got A* for GCSE lit

ReputationRep:
    okay I will PM it. and thanks a lottt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerbread101)
    Send it by PM instead, if you post in on an open forum someone could copy it and that would be plagiarism Don't worry about that being a problem with me, I'm doing my A Levels now, and I will be able to help as I got A* for GCSE lit
    What do you do for A-Levels?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by sophie kwon chu)
    What do you do for A-Levels?
    English literature, English language, history and maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerbread101)
    English literature, English language, history and maths
    ive chosen english lit and maths for next year! im scared :/ esp maths
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by sophie kwon chu)
    ive chosen english lit and maths for next year! im scared :/ esp maths
    English lit is far more work than maths, if you were good at GCSE maths you'll be absolutely fine with A Level if you get any questions once you start them then send me a PM

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.