Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello all, today my mock results has came out and it's a nightmare!

I am doing maths, economics, business studies and media studies

I got all Us apart from media studies, I was like WTH is going on!?

I have no idea how did that happened and it's breaking my heart right now! I've never had such poor results like that in my life

Does anyone have the same experience like me? How can I solve this problem? I wanna want to achieve higher at June, pls help me out

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    don't worry about this
    there is a reason that the mocks are set long before actual exams.
    many of my friends and in fact my whole school did terrible in their mocks. further mathmeticians got all Us, with the best grade an E. chemists got some Us. you get the picture.

a levels are different. they focus on you technique as well as your knowledge. in gcse there may have been 2 or 3 acceptable answers, in a levels its 1. there is no "maybe" anymore.

in terms of solving the problem; do past papers. do some revision, maybe make some notes. trust me it works very well. for my mocks i did 0 revision, and instead did maybe 3 or 4 past papers, whereas those who didnt do any past papers really messed up.

dont worry, mocks dont usually go very well during A levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoman1109)
    Hello all, today my mock results has came out and it's a nightmare!

I am doing maths, economics, business studies and media studies

I got all Us apart from media studies, I was like WTH is going on!?

I have no idea how did that happened and it's breaking my heart right now! I've never had such poor results like that in my life

Does anyone have the same experience like me? How can I solve this problem? I wanna want to achieve higher at June, pls help me out

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You need to be super honest with yourself, did you do enough revision? I would suggest not. What can you learn from going through your mock papers? On the past papers you did during your revision did you do significantly better than your mock? If so why?
    If you genuinely believe you did enough revision then it probably means you are in the situation faced by many at AS. The revision techniques which scraped you through your GCSE's just aren't enough to do well at A level so you need to think of new ideas and speak to teachers about their ideas for effective revision.
    Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for those suggestions!

I don't know what's wrong with myself right now! Just can't calm myself down and so much worrying

I did about 1hour revision everyday before the mock during Christmas , I was feeling confident when I'm reviewing my notes and during the exam as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoman1109)
    Thanks for those suggestions!

I don't know what's wrong with myself right now! Just can't calm myself down and so much worrying

I did about 1hour revision everyday before the mock during Christmas , I was feeling confident when I'm reviewing my notes and during the exam as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Past papers, past papers, past papers! I wasn't happy with my mocks last year so I worked very hard from like Feb/March onwards to make sure I got the grades I wanted/needed. It worked and now I've got an offer from my favourite uni. It pays off, just make sure you work!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TVIO)
    Past papers, past papers, past papers! I wasn't happy with my mocks last year so I worked very hard from like Feb/March onwards to make sure I got the grades I wanted/needed. It worked and now I've got an offer from my favourite uni. It pays off, just make sure you work!
    Okay I will try my best and good luck to you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.