Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is there a way to transfer a presentation to an ipad? Would an ipad work with an epson projector?

I bring a lot of books and materials to class including papers that I need to return. In fact, I've replaced my gym clothes and with school junk because I don't have any other bag to use! It would be great if I can just use an ipad for my powerpoint lessons.

ReputationRep:
    You can check this out http://www.ksosoft.com/ios-faq/155-t...l#.VMYkCNKUfsQ see if this will work for you.

ReputationRep:
    My comment is pending approval probably because of the link. Go to ksosoft.com and search "How to Transfer PPT Documents From PC to iPhone/iPad via iTunes" that worked out fine when I tried it.

ReputationRep:
    Well I have a BRILLIANT solution that actually makes more sense though you would have to skip the projector I am afraid. Last year, Microsoft released an iPad optimised version of Microsoft Office that for the most part maintains a free feature set though some advanced features require an Office 365 subscription. If you produce your powerpoint on another system and want to transfer it, create a Onedrive account with Microsoft, upload the file there and then you can pull the file straight down to your system. The projector part is the problem because I havent really read much into such solutions for the iPad, their may be software solutions to transmit it to another PC as a video feed but hardware wise the iPad doesn't support video out over a display connection such as HDMI, DisplayPort or DVI. There is one application I think that can possibly do this now but I dont fully know. The app is Splashtop, you download a version to your iPad(that costs) and a version for a Windows PC/Mac.

I suppose what I am trying to say overall is that iPads are a hassle unlike Macs and Windows PC's. It would have been much wiser a decision to buy a touch based PC or a MacBook that falls into the ultrabook category. These machines support industry standards unlike the iPad which for the most part is proprietary in too many ways(AirPrint, Lighting Port)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marco14196)
    Well I have a BRILLIANT solution that actually makes more sense though you would have to skip the projector I am afraid. Last year, Microsoft released an iPad optimised version of Microsoft Office that for the most part maintains a free feature set though some advanced features require an Office 365 subscription. If you produce your powerpoint on another system and want to transfer it, create a Onedrive account with Microsoft, upload the file there and then you can pull the file straight down to your system. The projector part is the problem because I havent really read much into such solutions for the iPad, their may be software solutions to transmit it to another PC as a video feed but hardware wise the iPad doesn't support video out over a display connection such as HDMI, DisplayPort or DVI. There is one application I think that can possibly do this now but I dont fully know. The app is Splashtop, you download a version to your iPad(that costs) and a version for a Windows PC/Mac.

I suppose what I am trying to say overall is that iPads are a hassle unlike Macs and Windows PC's. It would have been much wiser a decision to buy a touch based PC or a MacBook that falls into the ultrabook category. These machines support industry standards unlike the iPad which for the most part is proprietary in too many ways(AirPrint, Lighting Port)
    You know you can get Lightning to HDMI and Lightning to vga adaptors? The solution for this has been around for a while.

ReputationRep:
    You, I am sure you are both very good at what you do, but I only understood that ipad is not user-friendly if you need it for presentations. I've found a solution for the presentations - I can upload them in slide share. So, I will need internet connection so I can access my presentation on slide share. OR I can simple save the presentation as PDF - using ireader, I can open the PDF presentation. You know, I figured that our team will probably not need to get parachutetechs - this is an external IT company - if there are a lot of brilliant people in forums willing to help. So, thank you and I will go through your suggestions again and find out what I can do with them. I will keep you guys updated on what I come up with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bdukes2962)
    You, I am sure you are both very good at what you do, but I only understood that ipad is not user-friendly if you need it for presentations. I've found a solution for the presentations - I can upload them in slide share. So, I will need internet connection so I can access my presentation on slide share. OR I can simple save the presentation as PDF - using ireader, I can open the PDF presentation. You know, I figured that our team will probably not need to get parachutetechs - this is an external IT company - if there are a lot of brilliant people in forums willing to help. So, thank you and I will go through your suggestions again and find out what I can do with them. I will keep you guys updated on what I come up with.
    You seem to be making this 10 times more complicated than necessary, plugging in a lightning to HDMI connector would take a second and do the job.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.