Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Where does a mechanical engineer sit in the world of CS?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I'm studying mechanical engineering and I am very interested in computer architecture, the physics behind hardware, components etc.

As i'm just exploring my current and future options I though I would ask in this forum what you all think the relevance of a mechanical engineer could be in this sector?

I was reading up on some ARM vacancies recently which sounded interesting although my current qualifications are not 100% relevant. I just think this is such a rapidly expanding industry that some of the most interesting technological advances will be here.

Let me know what you think!

ReputationRep:
    do online courses, theres a new thing called nanodegree (search about it). Once you complete this degree(online) you'll be qualified for jobs in many companies (because many companies are now accepting these degreees). Do courses from udacity.com, coursera.org, edx.org and all these websites. IT sector is competitive. Youre in the STEM field which is why you shouldnt really be bothered.

ReputationRep:
    IT sector is competitive. Youre in the STEM field which is why you shouldnt really be bothered.
    Are you saying I shouldn't be bothered about competition because I am in a STEM field?

I've never heard of these nano-degrees but they sound like a good idea, are many companies recognizing them as official qualifications?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Quick link:

Unanswered IT and technology threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.