Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm male, 5'5", 18, what would be the best body for me as a CF?

I'd say I'm like Messi in that my key traits are acceleration and dribbling...However I can't help but think that maybe Messi would do better with a bit of strength, e.g. Aguero.

Right now I'm quite built for my size, but I'm considering getting to Aguero's body. (Won't take long).

How adversely would that affect my pace and dribbling?

ReputationRep:
    Yaya Sanogo is widely held up as the model

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)

I'm saying what body would be right for me...At 5'5"; unless I can grow 6 inches at 18.

ReputationRep:
    Basically Batigol.

ReputationRep:
    Jimmy Bullard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by locomotive99)
    However I can't help but think that maybe Messi would do better with a bit of strength

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    That turn at 0:05 :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)

What's wrong with more strength....I.E. Aguero?

ReputationRep:
    Messi is strong already.

ReputationRep:
    it will take you months to reach aguero's physique, considering you said your build is more like messi at the moment, to be honest you should focus on your lower body strength since you're fast (maybe build a good squat and do some plyometrics and vertical jumps), and placing your body between the ball and the defender, because you won't be able to compete with centre backs physically at 5'5", regardless of how big you are (aguero is 5'9") so working on drawing fouls could be an asset, look at how players like messi and hazard shield the ball and get so many free kicks from them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_shabba)
    it will take you months to reach aguero's physique, considering you said your build is more like messi at the moment, to be honest you should focus on your lower body strength since you're fast (maybe build a good squat and do some plyometrics and vertical jumps), and placing your body between the ball and the defender, because you won't be able to compete with centre backs physically at 5'5", regardless of how big you are (aguero is 5'9") so working on drawing fouls could be an asset, look at how players like messi and hazard shield the ball and get so many free kicks from them

Cheers for the helpful post, will definitely look at my lower body.

Sorry if my post was long/confusing but I'd say I'm actually in between Messi/Aguero in terms of upper body. But yeah, thanks again for the reply.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Akinfenwa surely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Akinfenwa surely?
    If there was no transfer window, Akinfenwa could just make a career going on week long loans to whoever Liverpool are playing. Mingolet vs Akinfenwa every week :coma:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    If there was no transfer window, Akinfenwa could just make a career going on week long loans to whoever Liverpool are playing. Mingolet vs Akinfenwa every week :coma:
    He would absolutely bully Smalling, Evans or whichever dross we're playing at CB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    He would absolutely bully Smalling, Evans or whichever dross we're playing at CB.
    Akinfenwa would get out-paced by a 3 year old kid. SRS.

Smalling could grab on to his Shirt and Akinfenwa could drag him :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Akinfenwa is obese. Rolls of fat all over the shop. Terrible physique.

Imagine if that was Rooney
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Akinfenwa is obese. Rolls of fat all over the shop. Terrible physique.

Imagine if that was Rooney
    He's got a bit of a gut but it's more muscle than fat. You may be thinking of another League Two stalwart, Steve McNulty.

ReputationRep:
    Idi Amin would score 99 goals a season in the Prem. Total beast.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Weird as **** thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    He's got a bit of a gut but it's more muscle than fat. You may be thinking of another League Two stalwart, Steve McNulty.

He has very good vision.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.