Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all i've been looking through the threads to see if anyone else is hoping to do this course? Its a 3 year degree at Stirling however if i dont get my first choice i hope to get onto the Application of Maths course at Stirling I'm not sure how it works! Do you take subjects along with this? Or is it all Maths based modules? I've had conflicting information so a bit confused

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I am a second year Maths student and I can confirm that you do take other modules up until 3rd year (you do a total of three modules per semester) - the plan for all Maths modules can be found here, have a look at the Degree Programme at the bottom of the page.

In my first semester I did MAT911 (now split into MATU9M1 and MATU9M2), Computing I and Education I
    Second Semester I did MAT912 (now MAT9M3), MAT9D2 and Web Design I
    Third Semester I did MATU913 (now MATU9M2), Economics I and Accounting I.
    Fourth Semester (current) I am doing MATU9M4, MATU9JA and the two online half modules for Careers Development

I am in that annoying transition stage where the modules I did don't exist anymore, the materials and topics taught have been split up and re-distributed into the new modules e.g. MAT911's Discrete Structures and Calculus I have been split into separate modules; MAT912 and MAT913 have been swapped around; - There is no reason for you to learn the old system, just focus on the new system!

tl;dr - You take all your mandatory modules and then fill the rest of your timetable with absolutely anything on the choice sheet e.g. Law, Journalism, Politics

P.S. You will be taught by the legendary Donald Smith for your first year! (He's the guy in the picture at the top of the link)

Thanks, Scott

ReputationRep:
    Is there a varied choice of modules, is there languages etc you can take just for a single semester?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.